Saturday 14 May 2016

A Better Day and a Trip to the Give and Take

Following my terrible day yesterday, today was much better.  I would just like to apologise for sounding off on my blog about it, but thank you so much for your kind and constructive words of support.  I feel much better today and am getting back on with things at home.

Today, incidentally, was the day of the Give and Take and the pile of items in the spare room that I needed to take was calling my name as soon as I'd got out of bed and got dressed.

OH had headed out with the dog in the car to go for a walk and to get some mulch for the garden, so in readiness for his return, I stacked everything in the hallway, ready to put into the car and go.  Here it all is.


Quite an obscene amount of stuff. If this is what I managed to find to donate in just a few months of sorting, it scares me to think how much more stuff is still left to uncover.

In addition, there was this IKEA table top and legs that we removed from LB's bedroom back in February and has sat in the living room ever since.



The spare room now looks much better and I can actually pretty easily walk between the bed and the fireplace now, for the first time in two months.


There's still the one box to take to a local CS, but I'm planning on doing that as soon as I get the chance.  At least now the next round of decluttering can begin, starting in this room and the living room. Bring it on.

All of the above items were taken to the Give and Take, and although I did promise to take some photos at this one, I was well on my way before I realised I'd forgotten the camera.  I will definitely do so at the next one, which should be in the summer, as I'm sure I'll have more items to take by then. I  was just a bit too stressed this time around too, as I was on a tight schedule to drop everything off and then get to the gym for my Saturday morning class.

6 comments:

  1. My word, you are sure cleaning out your home. Good work on getting all those boxes out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie. Yes, there's quite a lot isn't there. I was glad to see it go though and no regrets.

      Delete
  2. Good job. That is quite a load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. Yes, it was collected over a number of months. I got some help from OH loading up the car and from a kind gentleman at the other end, so it wasn't too bad. The house is breathing a sigh of relief!

      Delete
  3. What happens to all the stuff that doesn't get taken ? Great job. Glad you feel better for sounding off. I have to blast sometimes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did ask once and they said it gets carried over to the next event. I imagine if stuff isn't up to much it may get trashed, but as it's the council initiating and running these events I think they will recycle what they possibly can.

      Delete