Monday 29 February 2016

Fruit Smoothie Heaven

Sunday evening, and I was washing and putting all the fruit I'd bought that morning from Lidl in the fruit bowl and it struck me that we eat a mountain of fruit every week.  I must spend £15 or so on fruit every week.  Sometimes, I think we eat too much, considering the amount of sugar it has in it, but I guess that there are worse vices to have.

Anyway, I got to remembering that I had a tub full of frozen red berries in the freezer, that had been sat there for at least six months.  I'd been meaning to get into juicing or smoothie making for weeks, but just never get around to it.  Anyway, I got some of the frozen fruit out and decided that I was going to start there and then.

I decided to start with a smoothie. Here's what I put in it:

A handful of frozen red berries
1 sliced banana
50ml milk
One heaped tablespoon vanilla yoghurt
1 teaspoon chia seeds
Half a teaspoon of Maca Powder.

I whizzed it all up with a stick blender and here's a picture of the resulting smoothie.



It was lovely.  I popped it in one of these little milk bottles, four of which I bought expressly for the purpose from Home Bargains for £1.49. They are the perfect size and force me to sip it slowly through a straw.  (I'm currently trying to work my way through a stack of these that are lying dormant in the cupboard). I'm hoping that it's the start of a new and healthier habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment