Monday 18 July 2022

A Very Small Car Boot Sale Haul

As mentioned in my weekly post, on Sunday, I paid a visit to a local Car Boot sale up in Yorkshire. It wasn't a huge Car Boot, but there were thirty plus outdoor stalls and more inside. I didn't take a lot of money, as I don't have much money to spare at the moment, but I came away with a few very nice things.


The first things I bought were a couple of necklaces, which were 50p each. I wasn't sure if these were Hematite. I can't really tell, but if they are, they were a bargain. I decided to take a punt anyway.

From the same seller, I also bought a sterling silver hallmarked chain for £2.50. I'm always in need of an extra silver chain and LB needs one at the moment, so this was good value. It needed a clean and is hooked over a jar of silver dip as I write this post, so it should be like new within minutes. It's a good length at 20" long too, so I'm very happy with it.


The next item I bought was this lovely dinner plate for £1. I just loved the dark green and white ditsy floral print. It doesn't have an official makers mark on the back, but the seller told me it was Burleigh. I just like it and will enjoy eating off it.


I also bought these two lovely small glass bowls for 50p each. They were new and boxed. I need these for a specific purpose, for which they are perfect. I love them.  They just need a clean.


I bought a tube of loctite adhesive for £2, which I also need for a specific purpose.


I then saw this set of travel pouches, which were new and just £1. They are always useful for travelling, especially with all the cords and charging cables we have these days for various devices.


Finally, I bought this very pretty tiered summer skirt for £1. I bought this for LB, as it's not really my style. She's been complaining of being very hot lately, so I thought that it's floaty loose style might be good for her to wear during the hot weather.  I don't know if she'll like it. Fingers crossed, but it's not a big loss if not, I can always donate it or try to sell it on.

So, that was everything and I think I spent £9.50. My little treat/indulgence for the month, but I like everything I bought, so I have no regrets.


2 comments:

  1. You got a number of great bargains. Love that skirt and the necklaces.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well! I like the pouches and the plate is so pretty. The silver chain was a good find!

    ReplyDelete