Sunday 17 July 2022

A Better Week

This week has been a good week in many ways. I have been able to attain a balance between going out to gym classes and doing some work on my new business.

I returned to two of the classes that I attended last week and tried out one new class, which was a fusion of Pilates and Yoga. It was a free class and it was the last week that it was taking place until September, so I was glad that I made the effort to go. I felt very relaxed afterwards. 

I have been using my bike more to get around and using a big lock. I feel relatively confident to leave it unattended, after my previous bike was stolen a couple of years ago. The extra exercise I get from cycling is much needed at the moment and it is quite nice to cycle at my own speed, not time pressured too much to get from a to b.

The heat this week, has kept me inside most of the time, as I am not very tolerant of hot weather these days. This suits me fine. I have a small fan beside me that keeps me cool and comfortable and it tends to be nice and cool in the house during the day. Nights can be a bit warmer, but manageable.  It's been way too hot to even attempt any ironing or do much housework, so that is being left well alone. Even cooking heats up the house.

I have been working from the spare bedroom, creating stock to sell and creating listings. I do this for a few hours each day. It is very pleasurable to work in small bursts like this, doing something creative and with a view of the gardens behind our house.

I placed an order with Approved Foods last weekend, which arrived on Wednesday. It felt a bit like Christmas, even though it was mainly toiletries, food for the dog, etc. I love to unpack a box.  Here are a couple of photos of the things I bought:




The sugar is for jam making.  The beer and dog food/treats should keep us going for a while over the summer.

I feel like I'm settling into a new routine now and the classes give a bit of structure to my week, which is good.

On Friday, OH and I headed off to Yorkshire to visit his Mum and Dad and other members of his family. We were staying in a hotel a few hundred yards from his family home which was very convenient.

We dropped in to see his Mum and Dad on the way, before checking into the Hotel and then we retired to the hotel bar for an hour before heading to bed. It was nice to stay in a hotel for a change, and very reasonablly priced.

On Saturday morning, we started with the included breakfast out on the balcony. We had the dog with us, so we couldn't sit in the restaurant, but that was fine, as the weather was good and there was a lovely view across the River Humber and of the Humber Bridge.

OH wanted to start the day by doing a nearby Park Run 5k, so we headed off to a local beauty spot, where I walked the dog whilst he ran. After he'd showered and changed we then went back to his parents house where his sister and her husband had come to visit with one of their grandchildren, so we had a lovely family day in the garden catching up and doing useful jobs for their parents.

On Saturday evening, we visited another of OH's siblings and their family and it was lovely to catch up with them. When we got back, we had another drink in the bar and then went to bed.

Sunday, was the last day of our visit, so after breakfast, OH headed off to walk the dog and I decided to try out the gym at the hotel. I just used a couple of my favourite machines and did a few weights, but it was a lovely, cool, air conditioned gym, again with a lovely view and it felt very relaxing to work out  in there.  I think we'll probably stay here again sometime, as we really enjoyed our stay. It's been so relaxing and it's a great base from which to visit family and the local area.

We checked out of the hotel and I dropped OH off at his parents and then went on for a little saunter around a local Car Boot Sale. I like to just have a little mooch around when I get the chance and to stretch my legs before a long car journey back to London.

All told, it's been a better week and I feel like I'm ready to face the heat wave next week now. Wish me luck though, as I have to commute into Central London next week for an appointment on probably the hottest day of the year!



Finally, talking of heat, we passed this field on fire on the way back to London.  Not far from Cambridge, very near the M11. It was fully ablaze and sending plumes of smoke up into the air. I hope the emergency services managed to get control of it.

I hope you manage to keep cool in the coming heatwave. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment