Friday 27 May 2022

Loving Right Now

It's been a very long time since I've created this type of post, but there are a few things that I/we have really been loving lately. 

For me personally, I've really being enjoying writing in a journal. It's something I haven't done for many, many years, well, since I was a teenager in fact, but I'm actually finding it very therapeutic and I think I'll continue for the forseeable future.  It's especially useful when I need to grapple with difficult issues. Writing down events and my thoughts and feelings around them, just allows me to express things that I might otherise find difficult to express in any other form. It's a practice I would recommend to anyone.  I'm a very private person, which might sound strange because I document parts of my life on this blog, but some of my true feelings and concerns, I very much keep to myself and it helps to have a place to write them down and offload them. 

Reading is another thing I've been enjoying lately. I've always been a bit of a bookworm my entire life, I've always got at least one book on the go. My current book is called To Sell is Human by Daniel H Pink and it talks about how many more people these days are selling at work, either directly or indirectly and it goes on to talk about who the most successful sales people are and why. It's interesting. 

I've been lucky enough to read quite a few great books this year, but there have been some that I haven't enjoyed reading too. One in particular, a very famous book by a male author, which I tried reading recently and which I won't name here, for fear of causing offence to people who may have enjoyed it, wasn't really my kind of thing. Way too much toxic masculinity.  A good positive read, however, is always a joy and an escape for me.

Entertainment wise, we've watched some superb TV this year too. After Life by Ricky Gervais on Netflix was a hoot, despite being about the very serious issue of grief. It was so full of humanity. I can't recommend it highly enough. OH subscribed to NOW TV this year, mainly for us to watch the current series of Succession, but we've since watched Mare of Eastown with Kate Winslet, which was great and we are now slowly working our way through 6 seasons of Billions starring Damian Lewis. It's very good, but full of deceit, backstabbing and bullying.

On a more positivie note, other things I've enjoyed recently include spending a little bit of time in the garden, repairing the greenhouse and just generally pottering. I forget how therapeutic gardening and growing things can be. It's lovely to get back to it, even if it's just in some small way. Now the garden is greening up, it's just lovely to see it becoming full of life again. It seemed so bare in the winter and it's now bursting into growth. I feel blessed to have it there outside my back door, to see the birds use the birdbath and feed from the bird feeders.  I love to watch them fly freely from branch to branch in the garden.

Finally, I've also been enjoying going to car boot sales. After a long winter without any, it's lovely to spend a few hours rummaging around and discovering some lovely little finds, whilst out and about in the fresh air.  Bliss. 

I hope there's lots of things in your life that you're loving right now.


2 comments:

  1. I have written in a journal for a few years now. It might not be every day, in fact sometimes I miss months at a time and then with a flourish I need to get my thoughts down on paper. Sometimes not very nice thoughts either. It does help to write things down.

    I have only been to one "yard sale" type thing, but am seriously going to make a list of what I need and perhaps a few wants and start going.

    You enjoy that garden that you worked so hard on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the private thing. I share a lot on my blog but there are things I don't share that I find hard to articulate! I often think I should write a diary again. I often dislike popular books so I understand that too!
    It's so nice to garden again isn't it!
    I've been picking rocket for 2 weeks and absolutely loving it!!!x

    ReplyDelete