Sunday 22 May 2022

A Potter in the Garden

After returning from OH's birthday lunch on Friday, I had a quick potter in the garden.

The dahlias tubers I potted up are doing well. It will soon be time to plant them out into one of the raised beds.


I really love this corner of the garden where I've got foxgloves growing. There's a mixture of white and purple ones. It feels like a little woodland area.


The main border has burst into life. I love to see the fern. It reminds me of a trip I made to the Chelsea Flower Show a few years ago with a friend, which is where I bought it. I was looking at tickets the other day and they are quite expensive at £75 to £90. I'd like to go again sometime though.

I don't have many flowering plants in my borders, mostly just lemon balm, a twisted hazel, a couple of palms and a fern. I probably should try to put more flowering shrubs in the garden.


There's lots of lettuce growing in one of the raised beds. I've stopped buying it for the time being. We're going to eat this and some more we've got growing at the allotment.


There are more ferns at the end of the garden. I pulled some bindweed out from here. There's always some growing up amongst the fronds. These plants started off so small, it's lovely to see them growing so big now.


Just thought I'd share a little look at what's growing in my back yard.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to watch the garden show on Britbox and get my fill of beauty.

    Your garden is coming along nicely. Love your backyard.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lettuce looks good! I've got an abudance of rocket at the moment so I am enjoying that! Your garden is lovely- what healthy ferns! I'd love to go to Chelsea once!

    ReplyDelete