Sunday 1 May 2022

A Long Weekend Off - Part One

This week I finished work on Thursday night, knowing that I had a lovely long weekend off work ahead of me. I didn't need to be back at work until Tuesday, so four blissful days of free time lay ahead of me and I was determined to make use of them.

On Friday morning, I rang the doctor's surgery to get the results of my chest Xray.  Although my cough seemed to ease after taking anti-histimines, it's still there and some days are better than others. Anyway, the doctor got back to me and informed me that the Xray was completely normal, which was reassuring and she is pursuing a particular avenue of diagnosis and treatment. It will be interesting to see how that goes. I need to go for a blood test in a week or so to rule out certain other issues, but hopefully it isn't anything serious and can be treated successfully.

On the way back from the morning dog walk, I dropped into the allotment to see how OH's hard work is paying off and I took a few photos. He's got quite a lot growing on there already - potatoes, asparagus, shallots, beetroot, lettuce, peas, plus the fruit bushes and strawberries. Here's a few photos:



The spaces left uncultivated are for tomatoes, cucumbers, sweetcorn, kohl rabi and courgettes, the plants for which he has started off in the greenhouse and are doing well. Here's a photo of some of them in the garden at home:


We've also got more lettuce in one of the raised beds at home, which should help keep us supplied through the summer months.

As Friday was also payday, I spent a couple of hours attending to my finances. I overspent by £10 this month, mainly due to catching the bus to work instead of cycling for the past two weeks. It was worth it though to give me a bit of a rest. Otherwise, my finances are okay and progressing in the right direction, albeit very slowly.

Later in the afternoon, I headed off to do a bit of top up shopping for the weekend. Whilst I was out, I got some interesting news via email. I'll elaborate in another post.

On Saturday, I decided to do the autumn/winter to spring/summer wardrobe changeover, so out came all the bags of stored clothing and into storage went all my winter jumpers, scarves, etc., There's are more items to go into storage downstairs on the coat rack and an in the ironing basket but I'll pack them away another day

I have to say that I didn't feel very inspired by what came out of storage for me to wear this summer. My wardrobe is looking decidedly dull. I may have to invest in a couple of new pieces this summer, probably dresses or skirts.  Just need to find ones I like and that are flattering.

On Saturday night, LB was out with some friends. OH and I had a takeaway as a treat. Not a healthy one though, but sometimes it just feels good to indulge for once.

Part two of this post coming tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your chest xray was ok. I think your £10 overspend was necessary because of the chest things so well done for only going £10 over!

    ReplyDelete