Wednesday 25 May 2022

A Birthday Lunch and a Small Charity Shop Haul

Last week was OH's birthday. On the day itself, he headed out for a cycle ride early and before he came back, I needed to get up and wrap all of his presents, so they were ready on his return.

Later, we decided to go out to lunch at a local restaurant that we enjoy visiting. We had a lovely relaxing time. LB came too. It was lovely to just go out as a family and spend family time together. It's not something that we do too often these days and we definitely should do it more.

On the way back to the car, I dropped into a local Hospice charity shop. I'm still looking to find a few more colourful summer outfits. I found a couple of things on this visit. I only had 10 minutes or so to look, as this was all that was left on the parking time, but the first thing I found was a lovely loose fitting summer dress for £7. 

When I got home and tried it on, it was okay, but I decided that okay wasn't really for me. I'd rather have something that I love. I don't think I can get a refund, but I can exchange it, so I'll probably go back and have a longer, proper look for something else. It's a lovely little charity shop, and has it's own furniture and bookshop adjacent, so I'll get a chance to look in those too.

The second item I bought, was this lovely leather belt for £5. I like the way it fastens like some bracelets do and it actually fitted me, which was a definite plus and something I've struggled with in recent years. I love it and it will be great to wear with dresses.


I did also buy a couple of small items for 50p each, namely these multifaceted crystals that I was told came from an incomplete chandelier. They are so pretty. I'll find somewhere auspicious to hang them at home.


LB made a purchase too. She bought her dad this lovely set of Game of Thrones bottle stoppers as a birthday gift. We all thought that they were really cool and they reminded OH and LB of the hours they spent watching the complete series on TV. They are something that he will definitely use, as he likes a glass of red wine in the evening.


Not the most successful shopping trip, but enjoyable all the same and I've now got a good excuse to go back.

3 comments:

  1. Those bottle toppers are awesome and I am sure your husband will love using them.

    What can I say. I love that belt and would have snapped it up as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt is great! I like that type of belt too! Good find on the GoT stoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Ha, you did well in 10 mins! Last Saturday, I had 12 minutes break in my orchestra rehearsal and I managed to a) run to the BHF charity shop, c) find 4 books, 2 blouses and a dress, d) go to pay and realise my purse was back at the church, d) run back to the church. d) fetch purse, e) run back to the charity shop, f) pay, g) run back to church!

    ReplyDelete