Saturday 20 June 2020

Lockdown - Week 13

 
I'm pretty happy with the end result.  I now just need to paint both of the rattan storage boxes in our bedroom to match, but there's no hurry, as we're nowhere near ready to decorate this room yet. I may do it during Lockdown if I have enough time to do so.
 
I also attempted to do a mosaic project that I'd been wanting to try for ages on Wednesday.  I had to wait until some new safety goggles arrived, as I'd donated mine to the hospital earlier in Lockdown when they were short on PPE. They arrived on Wednesday, so I was all set to go.  It was much trickier than I remembered and it took me ages to assemble just part of the design I was going for. I'll post more when I finally finish the project.
 
Later, I caught up with the ironing whilst watching the Sewing Bee. I'm really getting back into it now that I've got my sewing mojo back. I stopped watching it for a few years, as I'd completely lost interest in sewing when I started my current job, mainly due to not having the time or the energy.
 
Thursday and Friday really weren't good days for me this week. I didn't sleep well on Wednesday or Thursday night which didn't help. As a consequence, my exercises didn't get done, and I just didn't feel motivated to do anything much. I was starting to get quite concerned about myself and then I heard that I'm going back to work on July 1st. I think that this really helped me. I need to get back to some sort of normality, Lockdown is starting to wear me down.
 
Since finding out about returning to work, my mood has picked up and I feel much more motivated to get on and finish the few jobs I want to complete before I go back. I can finally see an end to being at home day after day. I might not feel quite so happy once I get back there, but at least I won't be climbing the walls as I am at present some days.
 
On Saturday morning, LB and I went out on a little vintage thrifting adventure.  I was very excited, as I'd seen on Facebook that my favourite vintage shop was re-opening and I just couldn't resist a visit. LB was keen to go too, so we drove over and each filled a bag with items for just £10 in total. It felt so good to do something that I used to do and enjoy before Lockdown. Social distancing wasn't the best, but I wore a mask and gloves and there weren't really many people in the store, so it was ok. We weren't able to try any of the clothes on, so it was a bit hit and miss whether they fitted.  Put it this way, I could get them all on, but some looked better than others.
 
I spent the remainder of Saturday afternoon doing a few adjustments to one of the items to make it more wearable. I'll do a separate post about the things I bought once I've washed and ironed them all.
 
So a mixed week, a bit of a roller coaster one to be honest, but I'm feeling a lot better knowing that I'm returning to work, whatever I face in doing so.
 
I hope your week 13 of Lockdown has been a good one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's hoping you've had a better week than I.

1 comment:

  1. I'm yo-yoing all through the weeks, it amazing how quickly I can go from great to feeling down, boredom is the biggest issue, some days I just can't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete