Saturday 13 June 2020

Lockdown - Week 12

 
On Tuesday, I did a few sewing jobs. I made this new carrier bag dispenser for our cleaning cupboard, as ours was looking very tatty.  I then made a new cushion for the footstool I repainted, from fabric I had in my stash. Every time I use some fabric from my stash it feels so satisfying.  I also made one more mask by changing the elastic on the very first mask I made, as it was too thick and made my ears stick out. It is now much more usable, if a little on the small side.
 
I joined a Zoom call from work on Tuesday, which was interesting, but wasn't really about shops re-opening, it was about other stuff going on in the organisation.
 
LB was getting rid of some of her clothes and offered to pass on some to me if I wanted them.  I ended up with a pair of black Levi's, a pair of short denim shorts (for wearing in the garden only!), a slip dress that I'm going to use as an underslip, a vest top and a skirt. My wardrobe is now bulging with stuff and I don't need to buy anything else for a good while.
 
On Wednesday, I woke up to a very overcast sky. I hadn't slept well the night before, so it took a while to get moving. I managed to get out with the dog before the rain set in proper, which was a plus.
After lunch, I got some news about work.  They wanted us to go back next week, but we're not just yet, for a few very important reasons that I can't really go into here. Maybe they will get back to us in a couple of weeks to see if the situation has changed.
 
In the afternoon, I had to go out and do a bit of shopping locally. It was quiet out and about because of the rain. First I went to the hardware store to get a few toiletry and household items. I couldn't resist a peak at the plants and ended up buying some sweetcorn plants for £1.50. I don't know where we're going to put them, but we'll find some space somewhere. Next stop was the greengrocers for lots of salad and other fruit and vegetables. It should keep us going well into next week now.
 
The remainder of the afternoon I stayed indoors because it was raining and did some ironing whilst watching Escape to the Chateau DIY. I've almost watched all the episodes available now, so I'm rationing myself to one per midweek day. Not much got done off the list today, but that is no bad thing.
 
On Thursday, my day started with a work Zoom call when I got back from walking the dog. It made me feel sorry in a way that we're not returning to work next week, but it's still not actually very practical or safe at the moment. Hopefully, we'll be in the next phase of shops at the end of June/beginning of July, which means that I've now got at least another 3 weeks on Furlough, so I'll have to get thinking of more projects and jobs I can do.
 
I had a lazy afternoon doing a few alterations to a dress I bought on eBay.  I didn't like the buttons so changed them all. It made a definite improvement to the dress.  I also decided to use the tie belt as a neck bow, which improved the look of the dress too. As I did this, I watched a film on Netflix. Some of the things on my list will just have to get transferred over to next week.
 
On Friday, I was a bit more productive.  I decided to clean the upstairs of the house, as it was in desperate need of it. I started with our bedroom and worked my way down to the bathroom. It felt so much better to get it done, as it was starting to get me down. I also decided to paint a rattan chair that we have in our bedroom, using the paint I bought at the beginning of the week.  I haven't finished it yet, but it is looking better than before. I'll post a picture when it is completed.
 
Saturday was spent in the garden and at the allotment. I've made a separate post about what I got up to, so I won't go into detail here.
 
Roll on Lockdown Week 13.
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. My youngest daughter always offers clothes to me for a look before passing them on, it's a great way to increase my wardrobe, she has had a couple pairs of shoes from me, wo we both win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a very productive week. Me, well a few small goals were accomplished and a start on some other larger ones.

    I need to knit another plastic bag holder as both of mine are full and most places here will not let you bring your own bags as of yet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete