Saturday 23 May 2020

Lockdown - Week 9?

I'm not entirely sure what week of lockdown we are now in, I've completely lost count, but I think it is Week 9. In fact, I just checked the calendar and we have just completed Week 9. It seems like a long time, but in reality it has gone quite quickly. 

I seem to have accomplished quite a bit during the time and I am running out of projects to get stuck into, which is a very good thing. In fact, if it hadn't been for lockdown, I wonder if any of the projects I've completed would ever have got done.
 
The last week or two, I had more or less convinced myself that I would be returning to work next week, to help drum up online sales for the charity I work for, but I found out this week that our shop had not been chosen to re-open it's online shop.

To be honest I was a little disappointed, as I was looking forward to getting stuck in and starting to get the shop in some sort of order, in readiness for re-opening it to the public at some point in the future. I also believed our shop had one of the charity's most successful online shops, but obviously I was wrong on that count, unless of course there were other reasons why we weren't asked to re-open, or we were, but someone declined at this point in time. Anyway, the current situation is, that I will not be returning to work this month, so I probably have another few weeks of furlough left, in which to get super focussed and finish everything that I want to finish at home.

I am currently working on the last quilt that needs completing, I am part way through making some masks and aprons to wear when I return to work, and I have also started renovating and re-upholstering a chair. So there is plenty to keep me busy.

There are one or two other jobs I would like to complete too, which include framing a photograph of my granddad that I've had for years, but not got around to doing and likewise, framing a painting that LB painted for her GCSE Art coursework last year, that I want to hang in our kitchen. I have frames and apertures, but just need to adjust them a little to fit. I'm hoping to get them done in the time I have left.

In addition, I would ideally like us to get the living room redecorated before I return to work and even possibly start on decorating the hallway, as this is probably the most untidy part of the house and is the first part people see on entry (not that many people see it currently). OH started work on decorating the living room yesterday and he is currently at the prepping stage.  His work is picking up though, so he has less time to spend on it at the moment. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Finally, I would also like to do a thorough clean of the house before returning to work, so that I feel like I am on top of it and not vice versa. There's nothing worse than feeling your home environment is out of control, when you're also very busy at work. It will give me a head start if I can leave the house knowing that there is nothing I need to do when I get home, other than the basics of daily living.

Is there anything that you would like to complete before the lockdown ends and life gets back to some sort of normality?


2 comments:

  1. Most big jobs have been finished here, the house needs a clean, with the patio doors open the dust gets everywhere. We are planning more walks in our area, we are lucky we can walk to our water front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have decorating on the list but have spent more time in the garden. Need to get some practice in for when we can go to the cottage as the garden will be overgrown up there by now and it will take an awful lot of pulling round and I would imagine an awful lot of backache to come!!

    ReplyDelete