Sunday 22 September 2019

Taking It Slow

Friday, was my first day off in three days. It had been a hectic three days, as I worked a few extra hours to do a specific task for the shop, that I don't get time to do in my working hours.  It was worth doing though, as it brought in quite a good amount of revenue for the shop.

I also started my new Jazz/Charleston Solo dance class after work on Wednesday.  It was good, not as exhausting as I thought it might be to start with. I'll just have to see how it progresses over the 5 weeks.  I was happy to see that there was a good mix of people and ages in the class.  I didn't feel like I stood out as the oldest person there, which was a big relief. 

The venue was a room above a nice bar, which had a beautiful painted ceiling.  I'll try to take a photo next week to show you.  The teachers seemed very friendly and the class was pretty well attended.  There must have been 20+ people in it.  The room almost felt too small at times, but I enjoyed it.  The first week of doing something new is always the hardest, so at least I know a little more about what to expect next week. In addition, I'm not working on Wednesday next week, so it won't be such a rush and I won't turn up in such a sweaty mess.

Friday, the first of two days off together, I took things very slow.  I spent a couple of hours reading in bed after waking up.  OH even brought me breakfast in bed.  He used to do it all the time when he got up early to commute into London to work, but hasn't done it for years now, so it was a lovely treat to start the day. It's funny how you forget that such luxuries were daily events.  I was a little spoiled I think.

Eventually, I got up and showered, cleaned the bathroom a bit, as it was looking pretty dirty and then it was out with the dog.  We were out for about two hours in total, although about half an hour at least was spent in my local RSPCA charity shop, which is dog friendly, and where I managed to buy a PU pencil skirt for £5, which will be great to wear for work.  Please excuse the creases, I left it folded up for a couple of days before taking this picture.  Hopefully, they should drop out eventually.



I also bought a book for £1. I definitely need to master this art, particularly for the purposes of putting it into practice at work.



Anyway, a little bit of Charity retail therapy always feels good. I hardly ever get a chance to shop the shop I work in, as there's just too much else to do when I'm there. I do put the odd thing aside to try on, but it can take me a few weeks to get around to trying them on and most times I don't buy them when I do.

In the afternoon, I succumbed to a snooze on the sofa, as I was feeling a bit tired.  Sometimes, it's good to do nothing and just recharge.

The next two weeks at work are going to be even more busy, as my fellow Deputy Manager is on leave, which always makes a difference.  We have had new interns start this week though, which should help, once they get familiar with the shop.

I'm hoping to get back to as normal a week as possible at the shop next week, as the last few weeks have been a bit fraught with unexpected events, meetings, training courses, training new volunteers, etc. I just want a quiet couple of weeks on this front, to get my head down and get to grips with the stockroom, which is currently bulging with donations. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck.

    Love the skirt and the book. That is something I need to cultivate more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing that book around but not read it - let us know what you think. I have just finished the Life of Stuff - a vivid account of a hoarder and it is a bit depressing - the author clearly has problems with coming to terms with her mother's life and the way she was treated by her mother.
    Have agood and productive week in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about buying that book, but when I read the back cover it wasn't quite what I expected and I decided not to. I'll try to remember to let you know what I think of this one.

      Delete