Sunday 22 September 2019

A Much More Productive Day

Following my very slow Friday, during which I was so tired from work that I did very little, Saturday was a much more productive day. When I got up, I had much more energy than I'd had for a while, so I decided to do a deep clean of the kitchen.

I guess that a conversation with a volunteer at the shop this week started me thinking that I should spend some time on my home.  The other day, as I was trying to keep the stockroom as organised and tidy as possible, a volunteer said that he bet my house was immaculate.  I explained that although it was tidy, in that everything had it's place, it wasn't as clean as I'd like.  Mainly because I'm so tired after work, that I find it hard to summon up the energy to clean on my days off. 

This thought stuck in my mind and to be honest irritated me into making the effort to do some cleaning. It's ridiculous that I'm too tired to clean my own house, but spend my days at work trying to control the mess that is the stockroom. I don't seem to have my priorities in balance at the moment. I need to spend time and energy on my home too.

Anyway, I began cleaning just after breakfast and continued until it was completely finished at about 4pm. It was a bit of a marathon, but it shouldn't need doing again in such depth for a good few months.

Almost every drawer and cupboard got cleaned out and rearranged and all of my condiments and jars got topped up with the various products they contain.  Anything out of date or not needed any more was set aside to either go to the Charity shop/Give or Take, be thrown away or put somewhere else.  To be honest, there wasn't a whole lot to remove.

All the cupboard and drawer fronts were then washed down and then the floor was vacuumed and mopped and I then continued cleaning through the vestibule and downstairs toilet to complete the lower ground floor of the house.

It felt great to do some deep cleaning, as I spend most of my time in the kitchen when at home. I'm going to try to work my way through the rest of the house, floor by floor, later in the week on my days off. I'll keep you posted with progress.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Right now my house is in a real mess. Mostly because of the redecorating, but processing the garden and volunteer work each manage to add to the mess as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete