Wednesday 25 September 2019

Autumn Creeping In

When walking the dog the other day, I couldn't help but notice on my return, that the climbing plant that covers the front of our house and our neighbours' houses was slowly turning very autumnal. Here's a picture:


Here's another one from inside the house, the windows are framed by beautiful red leaves. We love it.


It's not going to stay this way for long though, as the neighbours (whose plant it is) informed us that they are going to cut it back very shortly. Shame, but it will mean less leaves blowing into the house and front garden, so I guess that's one benefit.

There's no denying that there's a nip in the air some mornings now when I'm out with the dog. As a gardener, I've loved the rain we've been having for the last two days.  It's much needed and it's reassuring to know that the water tables will be replenished. I think that in general we take water for granted in this country, as we don't often suffer from a shortage of the stuff. I love the sound of rain outside when I'm inside.  The dog's not so keen though.

I'm now looking forward to the cooler weather and can't wait to start getting wrapped up in scarves, etc. I'm an autumn baby, so it's my favourite time of year. Bring it on. I've started to store away my summer clothing to make room in the wardrobe and make deciding what to wear each day a little simpler. I might actually get around to catching up with the ironing, now it's a bit cooler too.

We're so lucky to have such definite changes in season, I love that about living in the UK. What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. Yep, Autumn has crept up on quiet cat paws. Leaves have seemingly turned colour over night in some cases.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the autumn leaves on your house but the falling leaves would be a problem. We are in Spring here and I am looking forward to some warm weather. I was born in November so maybe that is why I like Spring and Summer, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creeper - but they can take over - a good pruning will not stop it though and I suspect it will be back again soon enough.
    Suddenly there seems heaps to do now we are moving through autumn and heading towards that time of year I will not mention!

    ReplyDelete