Monday 2 July 2018

Monthly Round Up - June 2018

It's that time again to be accountable for my monthly spending and I have to admit, it's been a bit of a spendy month again one way or another. So, here goes with the breakdown.

The Food budget of £400 went over by £74.39 this month.  Not sure why, but I just seem to have spent a lot on food this month.  There is still quite a lot in the freezer and cupboards though, so I've probably just over bought and failed to use up what we already have this month.

The Household budget of £50 also went over by £24.15. I did stock up on lots of the dog's favourite dry food and dishwasher tablets whilst they were on offer though, so this accounts for some of this.

The Miscellaneous budget of £50 also went over by £32.06. This was mainly due to buying gifts for Father's day and for others, plus I spent £20 on a meal out with friends this month.

The Home budget of £20 went over by £22.91, as I bought a few things from the CS for the house and finally found some inexpensive kitchen canisters for tea and coffee that I like for our newly decorated kitchen.  I also bought a plant for the garden from this budget.

My Personal budget of £25 went way over by £41.93 this month as I spent £50 or so on clothes for work as some of my existing clothes were getting too scruffy to wear. I also bought a couple of items from the CS for me.

LB's budget went over by £1.

The Travel budget for work went over by £5, mainly because I had to travel to two meetings this month and needed to use the tube/train, which is more expensive than using the bus.  I also did one personal trip on the bus, when I went out with friends one evening.

In summary then, every budget was exceeded this month, which isn't great but I did still have cash left in the bank at the end of the month, so it wasn't all bad news. This will, however, go towards paying my credit card bills when they come in.

Next month will also be a bit spendy, as we'll be going on holiday. I don't usually take a lot of spending money.  Just money for food and a few treats, so it won't be crazy expensive, but I still need to put money aside for it.  We'll be hanging out at the villa most days I expect and possibly doing a couple of day trips out and about, so we won't be spending heaps of money on eating out and other entertainments.

Other than holidays, I don't have a lot else to pay out next month, so hopefully keeping to budget should be easier.  I hope you had a good month fiscally.

No comments:

Post a Comment