Friday 14 March 2014

T is for .... Trying

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again ..........................or so the saying goes.

Well, after unravelling my bunting once I got home from the knitting and stitching show, I decided to try and make it again, sans errors.  Originally, I hadn't put the holes in to pass the ribbon through, which you did by knitting two together and taking the yarn over, a knitting skill I've never tried before.

So, armed with my bamboo needles, ball of wool, the pattern and a recorded programme about hoarding on the TV, I gave it another try.  Initially, I got it wrong again, by managing to somehow pick up an extra stitch where I shouldn't and therefore filling in one of the holes, but on my second attempt it worked, much to my delight.

I continued on with the bunting flag until I realised that I hadn't put the rubbish out ready for collection in the morning (it was 11pm by now), so had to rush around the house emptying bins and bagging up recycling before heading to bed.

So, here's a picture of where I'm at with it at the moment.  It's not perfect, but it's taking shape slowly and I'm happy with it. 



Here's a close up of the holes.

 
Determination + effort (trying) = success (or moderate success).
 
Joining in with Mum from Mum's Simply Living blog posting using the Backwards Alphabet


3 comments:

  1. Great that you are so determined to get it right. To forget about the bins means you were deep in concentration !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That and the fact I'd been out all day and got out of my normal routine. It's got to be done now and again though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me. Keep going!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete