Wednesday 5 March 2014

Monthly Round Up

February was a reasonably straightforward month financially, in which I managed to meet my financial goals of paying another £100 off my overdraft and continuing to pay off my credit card balances on a monthly basis.  I wasn't quite so successful with regard to the no spend days I achieved, as I only managed 3 this month, which is pretty poor, mainly due to dribs and drabs of spending throughout the month  The total for the year now stands at 12/100, so I need to try much harder next month.

I attempted a February Food challenge, to try to use up lots of food in the cupboards and freezer that needed to be used and thankfully I did manage to use quite a bit of it, but will need to continue with this challenge in March, to use up as much of what is left as possible.  I didn't managed to save any money on food as I'd hoped, but it wasn't the main purpose of the challenge, so I'm not to worried.

Aside from this challenge, I have been continuing to join in with Dreamer's 52 Projects challenge, Mum's Alphabet Backwards challenge, Laura's (Circle of Pine Trees) The Year in Books, plus several other challenges and as a consequence, I feel like I've been getting lots of things done and making progress on lots of fronts.  The book pile is slowly going down, as is my outstanding to do list, and I feel like I'm moving forwards.

In March, I'm hoping the weather is going to improve, so that I can make more visits to the allotment and carry out more sowing and planting out for the new growing season ahead.  I want to also start thinking about making some new clothes for the spring/summer, take a good look at  my wardrobe and reorganise it for the (hopefully) warmer months.  I'm hoping that not too many gaps will appear and that I won't need to spend much money to fill these. 

I've got tickets to attend the Ideal Home Show and the Knitting and Stitching show at Olympia in March, so I'm looking forward to these days out and we are having visitors towards the end of the month, so I will be doing an impromptu spring clean in preparation.  There's also Mother's Day and a couple of family/friends' birthdays coming up, so March should be an interesting month.  Feels like I'm slowly coming out of hibernation.

2 comments:

  1. Best laid plans... I intended a big clean next Weds with some help from a cleaning company ( spent my first wages ) I want to be here when they are & get down to work myself, but now sadly am going to the funeral of a very dear elderly neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour. Are you rescheduling for another date or will they just do it in your absence? It'll be good to have a spring clean and even better to get some help to do it.

      Delete