Monday 10 March 2014

One Lovely Spring Saturday

Saturday here was a lovely day.  A bit of sunshine and a bit of a breeze.  I had loaded up the washing machine with a few weeks worth of dirty towels, with the intention of drying them at the launderette. Instead, I decided to set up the retractable washing line.  First time I've used it this year.  Quite exciting really, which I know is very sad, but it did save me £3 that I would otherwise have spent at the launderette. 



Little Bird was out on her trampoline for the first time this year.  The dog was enjoying sitting out on the decking. 



It was good to see.  Seems like spring has really sprung.  (Please excuse the pun).

Later in the day I decided to get out into the garden and get my greenhouse set up again.  It had been blown around the garden during the bad weather so we took the plastic cover off it and left the frame alone outside.  Now the weather has calmed down a lot it was time to get it up again and OH did the honours of tying it back to the fence so it wouldn't blow away again.

That job done I decided to sort through all of my seeds and pull out the ones I wanted to sow this year and that could be sown now.  A sowing session ensued and I now feel like I'm caught up on the gardening front for the moment.  Sometimes you just have to take the opportunity when you get a good day weather wise and just do as much as you can, while you can. 





I sowed tomatoes, chillis, sweet peppers, camomile, nasturtiums, cosmos, sunflowers, salad leaves, basil, peas, sweet peas, dahlias, oh and some carrot seeds in a tub.  I've given up on growing them at the allotment as they get carrot root fly every time.  Now I just need to sit back and wait for them to grow.  Until next month that is, when I can sow a few more things.

Oh, the simple joys of a sunny spring day!

5 comments:

  1. I've had several loads of washing on the line this weekend & loving it !
    What a sweetie your dog is x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it too and finally getting caught up with the washing (not so much the ironing though).

    She is a sweetie, most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past few days have been great for getting out into the garden haven't they. My garden is looking loads tidier now, lovely to see all the life out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has. I've enjoyed tidying our garden too and getting the garden furniture out. It feels like you've got an extra room to use.

      Delete
    2. Garden furniture will be the next thing we look for, we have a little bistro set but it's no good for lounging!

      Delete