Thursday 22 August 2013

Home Again

After a fabulous holiday in the US, we came home today.  We were ready to come home, but I must admit to feeling a little deflated now we are here.  We had such a lovely time that it takes a bit of adjustment, getting back into our normal routine.  It didn't help that we came home to some unwelcome visitors of the rodent variety in our kitchen, so I had to spend a couple of hours blearily (due to jet lag) disinfecting every surface.

I managed to do almost all of my washing before coming home, so I have unpacked a huge pile of ironing.  I took far too many clothes and didn't wear approximately one third of them.  I never seem to get it right, but live in hope.

The puppy is back home with us, although she feels a bit of a stranger, she's settling back in though.  I think she really enjoyed her temporary home, which I am grateful for, but I really didn't enjoy leaving her for two weeks.  Every dog we saw we thought of her and missed her, and there were lots of dogs in California.  I think we'll be staying nearer to home for a few years now and she will hopefully be able to join us on our future holidays.

This bank holiday weekend, we are heading away again, to visit family in Yorkshire, and are taking her with us this time, so resuming our normal routine will take just a little bit longer thankfully.

I'm now going to have a much needed shower and get an early night.  Hopefully I will feel a lot better in the morning.  I will be creating a few blog posts about our travels, with lots of photos, over the next couple of weeks.  I hope I won't bore you too much.  Thank you very much to those of you who sent their wishes, that we have a good time.  We truly did.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh looking forward to seeing the piccies!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the photos and if you are in Yorkshire give us a call. Kettle always on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the postcode and invitation. I would love to drop by next time I'm in the vicinity. Sorry it wasn't this weekend, we were quite a bit further south, but hopefully another time.

      Delete