Monday 29 August 2022

This Week - W/E - 27/8/22

This week has been an interesting one.  The wedding reception and trip to Faversham got it off to a good start and then it settled back into it's normal routine, starting with a food shop at the beginning of the week. I tried as always to keep expenditure low. I did buy a few bits for LB to take to University with her, as every bit of help I can give her makes a difference, as she won't have a huge amount of money to live on.

I did my usual trips to the gym on Monday and Tuesday this week. I tried to use a few different bits of equipment in the gym this week, that I'd seen other people using, to mix it up a bit and keep it interesting. I do need to gear myself towards more strength training as I get older, as I think this will benefit me more.

On Wednesday, I got a phone call from an ex-colleague, who left work a couple of years before I did and we had a good chat. It was nice to hear from him and he seems happy where he's at now which is good.

I also cleared out my wardrobe on Wednesday. There were lots of things in there that I just don't wear and am unlikely to, now that I'm not working. I filled a black bin bag with items to send to the charity shop.  It felt very satisfying and left my wardrobe looking half empty.

On Thursday, I woke up to rain. It was lovely to lie in bed and listen to it raining outside, especially after so much heat. I was so grateful for the sound of it. It continued until lunchtime too, so everything got a really good soaking. Yay!

I made an online sale on Thursday, the first in a while. It was only a small inexpensive item, but it's one less thing in the house, so I'm very grateful for it. I didn't actually receive any income from it, as this was diverted to pay some listing fees that I'd racked up, but even so, that's one bill I won't receive next month. It can be quite difficult to sell online, especially at the moment, when people are being extra careful about what they spend due to the cost of living rises. I took it as a sign from the Universe to persevere and not give up. 

I took two black bags of clothes to the clothing bank on Thursday, and another three to a local charity shop. It felt good to get more unwanted things out of the house. I hope they go to good homes and make other people happy whilst raising some money for a good cause. (RSPCA in this case)

As it was cooler on Thursday, I finally took the opportunity to do some ironing. This filled the wardrobe back up, but at least it is now full of things that I wear regularly. 

On Friday, I made the executive decision to stop ironing a lot of things, and went through the remainder of the basket and just folded up the things I'm no longer going to iron, ready to put away. I think they get more creased in the ironing basket anyway. This included t-shirts, leggings, gym/casual wear and nightwear. I'll only be ironing things that go in the wardrobe from now on.

Doing this, and refilling all of my drawers and the wardrobe, I realised how many clothes I actually have, and there's a lot. I don't own much that is particularly special, as I don't need it for my lifestyle, but I've got more than enough for everyday living. I do look after my clothes, so they tend to last a long time, even ones that I've bought inexpensively. I've probably got t-shirts and other things that I've had for 10 years or more, that still have a lot of life left in them.  This has reassured me that having a very low income isn't such a problem, as far as clothing is concerned anyway, as I don't need anything.

Saturday was a super quiet day. OH was out cycling for most of it, while I chilled at home. 

Another week gone in the blink of an eye. I hope you had a good week.

2 comments:

  1. It was a busy week here as the garden decided to go a bit crazy, but that is a good crazy.

    Good for you clearing so much out. I still have some things I need to try on and see if I still really like them or need to pass them on to someone who will wear them with joy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain was wonderful!! We were so happy to see it, even though it changed our beach plans for the day!
    Well done on the clearing out. I got rid of quite a few things that didn't fit anymore- some Summer dresses that I am quite sad about as I really like them but they didn't fit. My niece took a massive bag home with her!

    ReplyDelete