Tuesday 30 August 2022

A Small Car Boot Haul

On Sunday over the Bank Holiday weekend, OH wasn't cycling for a change, so we had a fun day out, taking the dog for a walk in Epping Forest, visiting a local Car Boot sale and then we had lunch at a pub.  

The Car Boot was one that OH and I hadn't visited before and which was a bit closer to home, near Waltham Abbey on the outskirts of London. It had a 10am start, so we took the dog for a walk in Epping Forest on the way, before continuing on to the Car Boot. 

Once again, I limited myself to a very tight budget of £10, which with admission was exactly what I spent. Here's what I bought:


A brand new, still in cellophane, Christmas jigsaw for £1. I always like a jigsaw to do over the Xmas holidays and with 500 pieces, this one is ideal and very cute. OH could even give this to me as a Christmas present. It's called Santa's Armchair and depicts a very cosy Christmas scene.


A new and unused Mandala colouring book for £1. I thought it might be meditative and relaxing to do a bit of colouring in quiet moments. I know it was a big trend not so long ago, and I'm a bit behind the curve. LB gave me some felt tip pens that she doesn't use, so I've been doing a bit here and there and it is quite enjoyable.


A Tiger's Eye necklace and earrings for £2. These were a good price, if they are genuine Tiger's Eye. Very pretty and protective too.


Two glass oil/vinegar bottles for £1.50. These look brand new and unused.

Some manilla A4 envelopes for 50p. These will always come in useful.



A sweater, which badly needs de-pilling, but I really liked the design on it, very Scandi. It's only from George at ASDA, but for 50p, if I only wear it around the house or for dog walking this winter, it will be worth it.

Lastly, I bought a plain navy Weekday t-shirt, which looks brand new for £1.50. It's a long length one, which I like, good for everyday wear or wearing to the gym.

Simple straightforward, practical purchases that I should get some use out of. It's amazing how much fun you can still have with just £10 when you go to a Car Boot and I get much more satisfaction buying things in the circular economy as opposed to going to the shops and buying new.

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul, we have not been to a car boot sale for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice haul. Love the items you found and so very useful or entertaining.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've NEVER been to a car boot sale! I like things you found- the skandi jumper is really jolly!

    ReplyDelete