Sunday 1 April 2018

Goodbye, March and Good Riddance

Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see the back of March this year.  It's been a tough month in many ways, with lots of challenges, some of which took me by surprise.  I was expecting it to be a tough month, due to the fact that I knew my manager was off for two separate weeks, but a few things happened that made work even more of a challenge than it usually is.

On Friday night, I was so pleased to get home from work and just chill (after picking up the dog from the dog walker's that is). I was not going anywhere and was happy to collapse in front of the TV with some pizza to watch a film about Hank Williams on Netflix. It was pretty good.

On Saturday morning I woke early, read for a bit and then fell asleep again until nearly 9am, which is virtually unprecedented for me.  OH was due back from his cycling jaunt in Girona last night, but was delayed due to a fire at Stanstead airport.  He was put up in a hotel overnight and is due back any time, but I'm still waiting to hear from him.

As a consequence, I had to take the dog out this morning, (OH usually does the Saturday morning walk) and I also had to go to the Post Office to post some eBay parcels. Whilst out, I found this huge black plastic pot put out for the bin men to take, so I picked it up and brought it home with me.  It will be great to grow potatoes in in the garden at home and then possibly for potting on a gooseberry bush. I'm always happy to pick up a garden freebie.



In the afternoon, I did a grocery shop before the supermarkets closed on Easter Sunday, I was surprised how many yellow stickered items were available.  I more or less filled the freezer with enough meat and fish to last us a couple of weeks. Staying in for the morning also had it's advantages, as two parcels I was expecting from eBay purchases both came, which was good. Nothing exciting, just regular toiletries and things we use.

I'm off work today and am due back at work on Easter Monday, but only until 4pm thankfully. It was pretty quiet when I worked on Good Friday, so I expect it will be the same on Monday too. I am then working again on Tuesday, but after that I will be off until Saturday, so I should get some housework done later in the week.  This weekend, I'm just chilling at home.  I don't want to go anywhere or do anything much after a busy week.

It's unusual for us to stay in London for Easter, but I'm happy we are staying put this year and am going to make the most of it, by relaxing as much as possible. It's also lovely and quiet in London, as many people decamp to other parts of the country during the Easter holidays from school and the traffic is much reduced.

I hope you guys are having a great Easter weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you had a restful weekend and I am keeping my fingers crossed that today was a slower one for you at work.

    Very quiet here as Kris did not come home (he will be home this coming weekend and we will have a delayed Easter) and Kurt is in Japan with a few of his students.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping things are good for you at the Charity shop after Easter xx

    ReplyDelete