Saturday 28 April 2018

A Productive Saturday Morning

I've been complaining for a while now that the house is a mess.  Whilst OH has been working on the kitchen, I decided that there wasn't any point cleaning the rest of the house, as the dust would gravitate to other areas.

By last Sunday/Monday, OH had done the messier jobs, i.e. filling and sanding the walls, sanding woodwork and worktops, etc., so the amount of dust being created had reduced a lot. As a consequence of this, and the fact that the messiness of the rest of the house was getting me down, I decided to do a Weekly Blessing this morning. It's been a good few months since I've done this, with one thing and another and just generally being busy at work and not having the energy when I got home.

As soon as OH was out the door with the dog, out came the hoover, mop and multi-surface wipes (Sorry, I know these are not very eco friendly, but they are very convenient sometimes) and I was off.
I started off in the two reception rooms.  We've been eating all our meals in the front room for the past few weeks, so side table surfaces were messy and crumbs of food had been dropped on the floor. It took an hour or so, but it was soon back in order, which felt great.

The hall, vestibule and downstairs toilet were completed next and then I did a quick hoover round upstairs. I'd cleaned LB's room last Sunday when we rearranged it, so I didn't venture in there, and besides she was still in bed. I left our bedroom and the upstairs bathroom to be completed tomorrow, when I've got a bit more time. I just hope that I do get around to doing them, as they really do need a clean.

I now feel like I've got most of the house under control again.  It was really affecting my mental state with everything being such a mess.  I was feeling anxious and overwhelmed a lot, and just felt like everything was spiralling out of control.  It was affecting my working life too, as it was making me less able to cope with the stress at times. At least I've regained a bit of control now and I'm feeling much better, lets hope the coming week at work improves as a result.

Do you ever feel like this when your house is a complete mess?

1 comment:

  1. I understand your feelings exactly. I am so hopeful of getting the house under control over the net couple of weeks.... Well as long as my wrist holds out and Harvey doesn't plan anymore cutting, dry walling, or really anything that stirs up dust and grit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete