Monday 9 April 2018

Getting into the Garden Again

Thursday morning, last week, I woke up to bright blue skies and sunshine, which was just what I needed. I was getting very fed up with grey, damp days and needed a sign that warmer weather was on its way.  Well, I got it.

After walking the dog and rushing off to a class at the gym, I came straight home to find that OH had started work on the kitchen renovations.  Unable to sit at the kitchen table and get lost in a YouTube rabbit hole, I ended up venturing out into the garden.

It's quite normal on the first sunny day of the year, for me to finally get around to washing my dirty garden pots from the previous growing season and that is what I set about doing. I always like to do this job when I can feel the sun on my back and that was definitely the case on this occasion.

It took a couple of hours, but eventually every dirty pot was washed.  I threw out any cracked pots and put aside any non-black pots for taking to the next Give and Take.  I've decided I'm only keeping black pots, don't ask why.

I also decided to tidy up the area at the end of the garden. My potting table was looking very worse for wear, as some of the wood on the top had rotted and broken, but after removing some roofing felt that I used to cover the table top, it will hopefully dry out and I'll be able to repair it and make use of it a little longer.

I haven't actually sown any seeds into pots yet this year, but at least now that all of the pots are clean, once I've bought some compost, I'll be able to get on and do this.

Progress has been made, albeit limited. 

In the meantime, OH has been working hard prepping the kitchen walls.  I had removed lots more things to enable him to get on with the work and it made me realise how much junk and clutter we still have lurking in some of the cupboards.  I can feel another purge coming on soon, because how much stuff do we really need?

Certainly not as much as we've got, because half of it just sits in the cupboard and doesn't even get used from one year to the next.  Not for much longer I can promise you that.  Keep reading for some more serious decluttering coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. For too many years we purchased far too much stuff, most of it sent to charity shops. Often we see things and shake our heads and walk away, life with less stuff is very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete