Friday 5 December 2014

A Few Things Making Me Smile This Week

I thought I would start a new series of posts containing things that have made me smile in the past week.  It's nice to look on the bright side of life sometimes and remember the positives.

This week my Christmas cactus has been making me smile every time I look at it on the kitchen windowsill.  It is covered in lovely flower buds and some of them are just starting to open up fully, displaying their beautiful and exotic looking flowers. 



Another thing that made me smile this week was when Little Bird came home from a Laser Cutting class at school the other night and showed me this super sweet Christmas tree decoration she had made.  I was so impressed (not with my photography though I'm afraid).  It is a little fragile, so I don't know if she will let me put it on the tree, but I secretly hope she does. 

 
The third thing that is making me smile this week and hopefully for the rest of the month, is my subscription to Courtney Carver's 31 Days of Presents You Deserve Virtual Advent calendar which is landing in my inbox and dispensing nuggets of minimalist wisdom and joy on a daily basis. (Slightly ironic considering my shopping day yesterday!)  A little treat just for me.  Check out Courtney's blog Be More With Less if you're interested in subscribing or giving a subscription as a gift to someone else.  The other day I spent part of the afternoon listening to the Festive Jazz Classics playlist that she included, which got me feeling very festive indeed.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wonder how a person would get through the day without the little things that make them smile.

    Little Bird did wonderfully well with her ornament.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete