Friday 4 April 2014

Alphabet Blogging - Q is for........A Quiet Week

After the busyness of last week mostly spent preparing for visitors, it was a great relief to have a quiet week this week.  I really needed it.  I didn't have anything planned, other than attending my usual exercise classes and keeping up with household chores.

It felt great to be able to find some quiet time in the week just for me, to read or get on with projects I've been meaning to start for a while.  It's been very restorative.  I even took to my bed for an hour  one afternoon, as I was having trouble keeping my eyes open, which is very rare indeed.  I think I just needed a little bit of down time or perhaps it was a delayed reaction to the clocks going back/forward, whatever.  It wasn't helped by the fact that there was no electricity, the power being off whilst the electrician worked on the circuit boards, so I couldn't go online, do the ironing or watch TV. 

Little Bird has had a busy week this week with spring concerts, school discos, test results, smoothie making, cinema trips, etc.  So I've been playing a supportive role this week, making sure she had everything she needed.  Fortunately, the end of this week marks the beginning of Little Bird's Easter holidays, which means plenty of quiet time at home together and the normal daily routine suspended for a while.  This always makes a welcome change.

Joining in with Mum at Mum's Simply Living in her Alphabet Backwards blogging challenge.

2 comments:

  1. The clock change totally wiped me out this year ... so tired.
    We are expecting a busy Easter break in the shop - lots of holiday makers in caravans needing bits & bobs !
    Sometimes down time is just what is needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound very busy of late with the shop. I hope you find time for some down time too over Easter.

      Delete