Thursday 24 April 2014

A Little Treat

Today, I went on a little shopping expedition and paid a visit to one of my favourite stores, TK MAXX.  Whilst there I had a little splurge on a few presents I needed to get, a new pair of trainers for Little Bird and a new pair of shoes for me.  Here they are.



I didn't go out intending to buy any shoes, but when I saw these I just fell in love and couldn't resist them, especially the price.  At only £12.99 they seemed a real steal.  They're by Keds and are a kind of lightweight wedged trainer, great for the spring and summer.  They are grey, black and white with a spotted wedge heel, which I thought was really quirky.  The best thing about them is that they are so comfortable, which for heels is a complete surprise to me as I struggle to wear them.  I'm wearing them around the house tonight, to get my feet used to them.

I did buy one other thing for me today.  This lovely small frying pan for making pancakes and omlettes. 



I've been using our old small frying pan for cooking up food for the dog, and our regular frying pan is far too heavy, being copper bottomed, to toss the pancakes as I found out to my cost this year.  At only £5.99, I didn't mind indulging in this instance.  I like the deep purple colour of it too.

Sometimes it does feel good to give myself a little treat from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. I love the homewares in TKMaxx!

    Nice shoes btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. The store I visited is a lovely big one, so I was able to spend a good couple of hours looking in the various departments, which is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete