Monday 28 April 2014

£100 Per Year Beauty Challenge - Month 10

Still continuing with this challenge to spend just £100 in a year on beauty products, I now have just two months left to go.  I had a good month this month, with relatively little expenditure, just essentials.  The stash is gradually diminishing, which I'm loving. 

I was just over the target expenditure last month and this month I am almost within target as I underspent on the average of £8.30 per month by only spending £7.02, bringing my total for the year so far to £83.56/£100.  So, I have £8.22 to spend for each of the remaining two months.

I managed to come under budget by continuing to use up travel sized and hotel freebie shampoos and I am now in the process of using up the conditioners, shower gels and soaps too, just to get rid of them and generally have less stuff cluttering up the house.  I must admit that some of the shampoos haven't been the best, so my hair has probably been a bit of a mess this month, but at least they haven't been wasted and have been put to good use.  I made sure I used a decent conditioner, even if travel sized, which has helped.

Expenditure this month has been on the following:

Hairspray - £1
Toothpaste x 5 - £3.39 - I stocked up on a recent Approved Food order, so this should see me through the rest of this challenge.
Distilled Witch Hazel - £1.93  - My regular toner needed restocking this month.
Deodorant - 70p - I ran out of this whilst away over the Easter weekend so had to buy some more despite having some in my stash in London.

Total = £7.02.

I'm going to try to have one last push to underspend next month, so that I can treat myself in the final month of this challenge. The better I do, the bigger the budget for the treat.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing really well with all your challenges including this one.I know what you mean about having less stuff cluttering the place up.Before we moved here in 2010 I stocked up on what I thought was about a year's worth of toiletries etc , I obviously don't use as much as I thought as almost 4 years later there are still quite a few items left in my stash.It did highlight to me things I had bought then not used at all so that was good and some cheap shampoos have been used up bathing Jake as I didn't get on with them. Now I am just working on minimising what I use instead, like having a shampoo/conditioner combined and one bottle of shower gel for everyone to use instead of different ones for me and Ian. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I tend to try to minimise by us all using the same shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. Less bottles around the bath and less chance of some languishing unused.

      Delete