Sunday 6 October 2024

A More Balanced Week - W/E 5th October 2024

This week started with a shift at work on Sunday. It was very busy again and I was just glad to get through it and get home at a reasonable time to be able to eat with OH and then chill out watching some TV. 

OH has recently subscribed to Disney+, as they have a crazy low offer on for a few months, so we started to watch Only Murders in the Building, which I've been wanting to watch for a while. It was quite entertaining. We then started to watch the BBC series Nightsleeper.

I've been struggling to sleep lately, as my cold has now progressed to my chest and lying down often causes coughing. I can't wait for it to clear up and to be able to get a good night's sleep again.

On Monday, I had my last consequetive shift at work for a couple of days. As I wasn't working until 5pm, I took myself off to do the weekly shop out of town again. I wanted to get it done so that I could just relax on my two days off on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Part of the reason for heading out of town was that I needed to pay a visit to Home Bargains and buy some things that we use regularly. I ended up spending £42 in there. It always comes to more than I expect. As most things are inexpensive, I always end up throwing a few extras in the basket.  

I then did part of the grocery shop at Tesco where I used another £4 off voucher. They seem to be sending me them quite regularly at the moment. The rest of the shop I did at Lidl where I got a free microwaveable rice sachet and a loaf of sourdough through Lidl plus. Not to be sniffed at.

When I got home, I just had time to get some lunch before getting ready for work. Work was a bit quieter tonight. I started off doing one job, then was changed to doing another. It went okay, but by the end of the night, the tiredness of working six consequetive shifts started to take it's toll and I struggled to get everything I needed to done. I was so grateful to finally leave and go home, knowing I had two days of not working ahead of me and I could try to recover from this cold.

On Tuesday, I was booked into my usual class at the gym. It was a good class this week and I did the best I  could. Whilst there, I renewed my yearly gym membership, which is Pay as You Go and cost £44.80. I then did a couple of errands on the high street before heading home for lunch.

It felt so luxurious to not have to go to work today. I did some laundry and then settled down on the sofa with a cup of tea, to watch Netflix and chill for the rest of the afternoon. I figured that my body deserved a rest with everything it's had to suffer this last week.

I was feeling a bit better by Wednesday. I still had a lie in, just because I could, as I didn't need to go anywhere or do anything in particular. I tidied around a little and then decided to do some work on my hexi quilt. I wanted to cut out the hexies to start a couple of new blocks, as they would be something I could easily take with me when we go to Spain/France. We'll be spending 36 hours on the ferry to Bilbao, so it will be something to entertain me.

I also emptied the ironing basket, so I could put all my clothes away. It's getting to that time of year when I need to do a wardrobe changeover again, to autumn/winter clothes. I'll probably leave it a week or two yet, but it's worth getting prepared for it.

I did receive a call from work asking me to go in, but I declined as I really wanted to recover properly from this cold and I was due back for three nights the following evening. Sometimes, I just have to put my health first.

On Thursday, I decided not to go to the gym, as I intended to go on Saturday morning and I didn't want to overexert myself whilst still recovering. Instead, I stayed home and did more work on prepping some hexies. It was nice to just have a couple of homey days, recuperating and doing just what I wanted to do and not rushing off here or there chasing my tail. Later, I did have to get ready and head to work, but I at least felt relatively rested and ready to go back.

Work wasn't great on Thursday night. Something happened that affected me for the rest of the shift, something I really could have done without. I won't go into details here though.

On Friday, I just took it easy at home again during the day. Work in the evening was okay, better than it had been the day before.

Saturday was a much better day. OH and I both went to the gym in the morning, which felt good and then we walked onto our local high street to do a few errands and decided to stop off and have brunch in a really nice cafe. I had the ubiquitous Poached Eggs on Avo Sourdough, but it was beautifully presented and tasted great. It was a cafe that I've wanted to visit for a while, so it was nice to finally get the chance.

Work on Saturday night was much better than it had been the previous couple of days. It was very busy, so passed very quickly, without too much drama. I was very happy to get to the end of what has been a much more balanced week for me, although it has had it's moments.

I hope you had a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment