Wednesday 24 January 2024

ASOS Sample Sale Haul (December 2023)

Disclaimer: This post refers to items I bought in December, but didn't get around to posting about before Xmas. I have decided to still go ahead and publish it.

After seeing a video on YouTube, of a YouTuber's haul from an ASOS Sample sale, I became curious. I've often bought items from ASOS in the past and in the Sample Sale, most of the items cost £5 or £3, with some being a bit more expensive at £10. After seeing what this particular YouTuber bought for £5, I decided to sign up to be notified of the Sample sales. As a consequence, periodically, I receive an email when the sale drops and I enjoy looking through and ordering a few bits.

The last sale dropped a few weeks before Christmas and I found quite a few things that I couldn't resist buying. Here's a few pictures of what I bought:


The first item was this pair of Vagabond leather calf high platform boots in a beige colour they called Lark. They're a bit of a departure for me. I don't usually wear this length of boot, but they are lovely. Possibly a bit young for me, but I don't care. I love them and thought they should look good with both skirts and trousers. 

The only problem was that they sent the wrong size. I ordered a 7.5 UK size and received a size 6 UK. Luckily for me, I am a size 6, but always buy a bigger size in boots, in case I want to wear thick socks.  They are thus very slightly snug, but as they are leather they should stretch with wear. They're not uncomfortable though, so I'm not going to send them back. For just £10 they were a steal.

(I've worn them on a couple of occasions now and I'm happy to report that they did look great with a skirt and they were very comfortable)


The second item of footwear that I bought, was this pair of patent PU apple green platform loafers. I've had my eye on these for months. I'd even saved a picture of them in my Pinterest account.  

They reminded me of a pair of shoes that I had in my late teens/twenties, but which were white and made of patent leather. I wore them until they fell apart. I used to work part-time behind the bar in a pub and eventually the beer that got spilled on them rotted the leather. I loved those shoes though.  

These are a similar style, but a bit more platform and a much brighter colour. They are slightly large in a size 7 UK, but I've put some inner soles in them and they fit much better. These cost £5, but were originally £38. What a bargain.


In addition to the footwear, I bought a black twill cotton dress. It's button down with a collar and drop gathered skirt. It will be nice to wear in the summer, or possibly spring with a sweater over the top. I bought it in a size 16 on account of my weight loss and it fits fine. It cost £5. The only issue I have with it, is that it is maxi, not midi as I thought, which isn't ideal as I'm a bit short in stature, but I'll see what I can do to style it.


The last few items were all gym related. I bought two of the same style of Under Armour black vest top for £5 each. I've had my gym vests for over 10 years now and they need replacing. I am always on the look out for new ones, so hopefully these will be fine.  They are slightly cropped, which I didn't realise, but should still be okay. These fitted well and I'm very happy with them. They are usually worn under t-shirts anyway.

Finally, I bought two sport bra tops for the gym. They were to wear under the vests and I wanted some that weren't wired, as I find wired bras very uncomfortable these days. I bought them just to try them out for £3 and £5. One of them didn't fit too well, so I've given it to LB who is hoping to start using the gym in her Halls this year and the other is okay, but not super supportive. I may still wear it on days when I'm staying home pottering and I don't want to wear an underwired bra. For £3 it's okay.

So, for just over £40 with postage, I got quite a lot of new items for my wardrobe and the gym, which made me very happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant bargains, daughter uses ASOS, I've not looked yet, mainly as I don't need clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great bargains. I love those green loafers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete