Tuesday 1 March 2022

A Weekend of Getting Things Done

This weekend, which also constituted the last few days of my week off, has been all about getting things ticked off my long outstanding to do list. Some of the items have been on there for over a year, and it was high time that they were completed.  

The first project I decided to tackle, was to adjust one of the aprons that I made for use at work and change it into a slightly different style. This meant cutting the original apron in half, gathering the skirt section and adding a waistband and fabric ties to the waistband and the neck. I got one apron completely converted and ready to use this weekend and also started work on a second, which I'll try to finish on one of my days off next week. Here's a picture of the one I finished:


(Please excuse it's crumpled appearance, I haven't ironed it)

I then decided to try to finish a removable armchair cover, that I'd started making over a year ago. Most of the cover itself was already completed, save for sewing on some velcro, but I also needed to make a cushion cover for the seat cushion.  As this was a big project, I have made a separate post about the completion of it.

In between working on the chair cover, I created some pieces for my new paper pieced quilt project. Here are some of the diamonds I've completed so far:


This project is definitely going to be a major stash buster, which is great. It feels good to use some of this fabric. Some, I've already used for projects, and others I've never quite found the right project for. It is also going to be a long term project. I've already cut out over 600 paper pieces ready to use and I may need to cut the same again, once I've used these. It's very hard to say at this stage.  I relish a challenge though.

As it took most of the weekend to finish the chair cover, I was finally able to cross it of my 'to do list' on Monday evening, when I finally machine sewed the cushion cover together.  Once again, it wasn't perfect, but I was very happy to finally finish it, as it has definitely been a challenge.

I now feel that I can go back to wor,  knowing that I have made some definite progress on my week off. My 'to do list' is several items lighter (although there are always more things to add to it) and I can finally use the chair again and also enjoy my new quilt. I'm hoping it will spur me on to complete a few more of the other items that are still outstanding over the next few weeks, when I get some free time.



3 comments:

  1. I have household sewing to do as well as some fun projects, but I've been avoiding getting my machine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished a lot on your week off. The apron is very stylish and must be very useful at work. I like your printed fabrics for the patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for being so motivated! I like both projects very much!

    ReplyDelete