Sunday 24 January 2021

Lockdown Weekly Catchup

Despite feeling motivated at the beginning of the week, I have to say that I haven't actually achieved big things this week. 

I did sew another row of my single TV quilt. Just two more rows and the binding to go now. I'll be excited to finish it and start using it before the weather gets warmer. I also continued with the sewing machine cover. I've now got to the point where I just need to add the binding, but can't quite decide what fabric to use, so it's been put on hold until I decide.

What I did decide on this week, were a few aims for the year, as posted about earlier in the week, and as a consequence, I did a few bits of decluttering here and there and removed some things from the house.  The total so far this month is currently standing at 85 items. I'm hoping to bump this up a bit by the end of the month. I need to do a total overhaul of my wardrobe in the very near future, so I'm hoping this will force me to make some decisions about some of the things I never wear. I've decided to  rearrange the shelves as I don't like how the wardrobe is currently set out, as it doesn't allow easy access to some of the items in there. I'm hoping this will make it easier to access everything. I'll do a post on the project.

I also did some financial organisation tasks this week, to aide some particular goals that I've set. I am finding the month is passing very slow though. It feels very long.

I've tackled a few small jobs this week, that I've been meaning to do, such as sort out the Xmas decorations ready to put them up in the loft. It took us 6 months last year to put them up there, and at the moment access is blocked by furniture from the landing, so there's no hurry, but it was all cluttering up the 2nd reception room and has now been taken upstairs, nearer to the loft. We still just have to take down the fairy lights that I put outside this year, but as the weather had been a bit wet, I'm waiting for a dry spell, so I don't pack them away wet.

In addition, I've spent quite a bit of time reading this week. I've just finished the second fiction book from my bookshelf and I am trying to set aside time most days to read. That's 4 books read this month so far. Only another 45 or so to go this year to clear the bookshelf.

I realised this week, that I'm not a very good indoor plantswoman and probably never will be. Some of my indoor plants have either died or are dying. The urge to add to my collection has therefore evaporated. Although the ones that have or are dying are probably the more difficult to look after, it has put me off acquiring anymore for the time being, which probably isn't a bad thing from both a financial and decluttering point of view.

Yesterday, I finally got around to doing some painting in the hall. There's now at least one coat of paint on most of the woodwork, save for the spindles and bits I can't reach, which OH will do. I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do it during the week. 

I also received a Cherryz order yesterday. It was mostly treats and snacks and a few more toiletries, etc.  I did add a few bits towards a bottom drawer for LB, for when she leaves home to go to University in the next year or so. I figured if I started early, buying a few bits here and there, it will save her money when she does go. Some things she wants to buy herself, and some things I won't buy until I know where she's going to be living, but the odd small essential kitchen implement is a start.

We woke up to snow this morning. It's currently snowing big flakes and everything looks so pretty, but it doesn't make me feel like going outside. I'm happy to watch from indoors. I will need to venture out to walk the dog later, but for now I'm happy to stay indoors.

I hope you've had a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same as you about the month going slow. I would love to see snow, but that won't happen here in Aus. We have had a few days of 41c but today was forecast for a bit of rain but when it came we got a big downpour for a few hours which is really good as there have been bushfires in our hills and many people have been evacuated to safe areas. It's always a worry for those living in the Adelaide hills. Thankfully we live in the foothills and are relatively safe as there isn't a lot of open bushland, mostly parks and gardens. I hope you remain safe and that you get through the difficult times.

    ReplyDelete