Wednesday 6 January 2021

Another Day in Lockdown

Here we are, another day in Lockdown and today, inspite of trying to have a low buy year, I've managed to spend quite a bit of money.

It started when I was reading the No/Low Buy Facebook page and noticed a post about a website called Whistlefish, which sells greetings cards. I decided to take a look and ended up buying probably a year's worth of cards, to cover most of the birthdays and anniversaries I need to send cards for in 2021 and possibly beyond. Unfortunately, a lot of the cards had sold out, as there was a 10 cards for £8 offer on the site and there weren't many cards left for males, but I managed to buy a couple. I consider these cards an essential purchase and they worked out at about £1 each in total with postage, which is comparable to the Card Factory, but I won't actually have to go out to buy them now, which is good in our current circumstances. I will be able to just select one from my greetings card box and pop it in the post using the stamps I bought before Christmas, before the price increases kicked in. 

After showering and doing my exercises, I headed downstairs. In my inbox was a money off voucher for Natural Collection, which is the site on which I had filled a basket with bulk household items but hadn't checked out. As I could get £5 off my order, plus free delivery, I decided to place the order, so now I will soon have most of the household products I need for several months to come, save only for laundry liquid. Again, essential purchases, so not really outside of the low buy rules, moreover, less to hump back from the supermarket, but money spent nevertheless.

For the remainder of the day, I managed not to spend any more money. I did, however, browse the M&S website, as I received a £30 voucher for Christmas, which is burning a hole in my pocket. I've got a good idea what I'm going to spend it on, possibly a new sports bra. Of course, the styles have changed since I last bought one and many of them are out of stock in my size, but I've seen one or two that might be worth a try. I'm very particular about my sports bras as they have to be very supportive for Zumba and other gym classes.

Today, I was also awaiting the delivery of the final present I'd ordered for LB's birthday, so I decided to start wrapping her presents, ready for next week. I didn't really feel like doing any painting, as I did quite a bit yesterday, putting a second coat on most of the woodwork OH and I had painted at the weekend. I also started on the ironing basket last night, which I'm also hoping to finish today.  

Slowly making progress which is good.

3 comments:

  1. I've visited M&S site, got some jumpers all reduced and much needed, a pack of socks took me over the free delivery, so pleasing shop, just waiting for parcels to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been tempted to browse the ebook site I use, Cricut and Amazon. But am holding off for awhile. I have lots that I can do so until everything else is caught up I am staying right away from internet purchases for awhile.

    Still by using those vouchers and sales you did very well buying items you would have purchased anyway.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on buying some bargain items and getting LB's present. I need to get my step mum some presents!

    ReplyDelete