Wednesday 2 December 2020

Loving Right Now - The Pre-Christmas Edition

Another favourites type post, this time a kind of Christmassy one.

The first thing that I'm loving right now and have been for a couple of weeks, is my white Christmas cactus being in flower.  I love the pretty white flowers on this plant.




I have a hot pink one too, which is also flowering and it always makes things seem a little bit festive when they bloom at this time of year.




The next thing that I'm loving right now is the sight of the twinkly Christmas lights I bought in my Cherryz haul, decorating our little outdoor tree and down one side of the garden.  I've wanted some lights on this tree for years and never put any on. I'm so pleased I finally got around to it, as every time I look out of the back door,  I can see them twinkling and moving slightly in the wind and it's so festive.  They are battery powered, timed to come on from 4.30pm until 10.30 pm and light up the garden a treat. 

As always, I love it when the Christmas decorations and the tree go up, which they did on Sunday. Here's a picture of the tree:


 
I haven't gone mad with decorations, mainly due to the fact we'd redecorated this summer, but a few lights and vintage artificial festive flora here and there always make the room feel more Christmassy. OH hates Christmas decorations, he loves it when they come down in January. (HUMBUG) I don't take much notice though and put them up anyway. It's only for one month after all.

Out came the nut bowl too and the nutcrackers.   I bought a new to me pair of brass nutcrackers this year (on eBay). 




I had to try them out to see if they worked well and thankfully they did. 
 




I'm also loving getting out my vintage Christmas brooch collection ready to wear during December. I've collected them over the last 10 years or so and love wearing them.  Some I only wear for special occasions, as I don't want to risk losing or damaging them. They cheer up any outfit during December. I may be adding more to the collection in the next month, as I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

Finally, now we're in December, I'm enjoying burning my Advent candle daily and opening my Galaxy Advent calendar.  It wouldn't quite be Christmas without them.

What are you loving this festive season?

3 comments:

  1. I love that more people have decorated their yards this year. Brings a smile to my face whenever I see the lights twinkling on my daily walks.

    I also love how my house smells with all the baking going on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Love your Christmas brooch collection. So special and will look amazing on any outfit. Still need to get all our decorations out of the loft , this weekend maybe ? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, your brooch collection is superb!!! I got my Christmas jewellery and clothes out at the weekend and so far, I've worn a robin dress and necklace, a robin sweater, jingle bell earrings. I might wear a sparkly jumper tomorrow!

    Your tree looks so nice as does the outside tree. So far, we have a wreath on the door and fairy lights round the piano and a new berry wreath I bought in the charity shop back in October.
    The Christmas cactus is super!

    ReplyDelete