Thursday 24 December 2020

Finally Getting Things Done

With just a few days left until Christmas Day, and back on Furlough, it was time this week to get on and do some jobs on my To Do List.

I've had a busy week, getting things done so that we could have the house back as we like it ready for Xmas. I finally finished painting the inside of the vestibule cupboard, which meant that everything could be put back into it and the house cleaned and put back in order. I finished everything that I could realistically do just an hour ago and it feels like a big relief to at least have the downstairs clean and tidy ready for us to enjoy spending time in this Christmas.

It was good news today, to hear that an agreement has been made over Brexit. At least we won't have to hear too much more about it now and we can just get on with living through the transition from now on. I'm sure there will be difficulties, but we just have to get on with it now.

I've been feeling a bit restless and finding it hard to sleep the last couple of nights, mainly due to all the chaos going on in the UK at the moment. It's such a mess. The news on Brexit did seem to mitigate slightly against it all. I just hope that the poor lorry drivers at Dover do manage to get home and have some kind of Christmas with their families and loved ones and that people everywhere in the UK do the sensible thing this Christmas and do all they can to avoid spreading this virus.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and enjoy yourselves despite the circumstances we find ourselves in. We are certainly going to try. 

Stay safe this Christmas and let's hope that 2021 will see an end to this horrible virus and we will all be able to resume normal living at some point in the near future.





2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great Xmas with your family. Thank you for your posts and I hope you all stay well during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete