Friday 2 February 2018

Getting Back to Normal

I think I must be getting back into the swing of work a little, as today, I was up and about and doing things  straight away this morning. (Well, after half an hour reading in bed).

I had breakfast, did the washing up, put a load of washing in the machine, put away laundry left from earlier in the week, wrote a shopping list and then I was out with the dog for a long 2 hour walk.

When I got back, I had some lunch and was straight out again to do some grocery shopping.  I went to ASDA for a change this week, which I don't do very often, but I did manage to pick up lots of yellow stickered meat and fish items which have mostly gone straight into the freezer and should last us until we go away. Although I didn't intend to do a big shop, I did spend over £100 and stocked up on quite a few things, so that we should have plenty in the house to eat when we get back from the US too.

It was as I was walking out of ASDA that the tiredness hit me. I normally feel tired the day after working and I'm not very productive at all, but this week I did actually get quite a lot done before the tiredness came over me.  In any case, after putting away the shopping and treating myself to a hot cross bun with jam on it, I felt a little restored, just in time to head out to the dentist with LB for our 6 month check ups.

We arrived a little early, so we headed up the high street, so that I could post a birthday card and I couldn't resist dragging LB into a local CS bookshop for a browse.  Big mistake, as I bought these two books.


Another fail on my No Buy Challenge, but I might read the Austerity one when we go to the US.

When we finally got seen by the dentist, I was shocked to hear that my regular dentist who's been treating me for the past two years (after a 12 year absence from going!!!) had left and gone back to his native Greece.  I was a bit disappointed if I'm honest as I found him very professional.  The dentist who saw us was lovely though, a young lady dentist.  Neither of us needed any treatment and therefore I came away with just a £20 bill for my check up.  (I'd budgeted £100 just in case).  A big win, which means that I will have more money than I anticipated to take to the US with me, all being well.

When we got back home I made us a chilli.  It was nice to sit down and eat a proper meal, as our meals had been a bit scrappy this week, mainly due to OH being ill with flu all week and my being at work until late.

I can now sit back and enjoy the weekend.  First stop, will be catching up with the new series of Obsessive, Compulsive Cleaners on TV. It might even inspire me to do some cleaning this weekend.

What have you got planned for the weekend?

.

2 comments:

  1. This weekend I plan on getting into the sewing/craft room and start on a few sewing projects. I also have to get some baking done and into the freezer for next Sunday. I promised some muffins or loaves for a meeting the church is having.

    The tiredness hit me this afternoon as well, so I am having a cup of free specialty instant coffee I won and visiting with all of my blogging friends.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am writing this on Sunday evening - the weekend now over and back to work tomorrow but I do feel I have made progress on a few things - there always seems to be so many loose ends and collectively they can take up far too much time. I had to order a new prescription for my Thyroxine and we are not allowed to ring up now for one so this meant finding my user name and password and logging on then saving a copy of the order etc - I am sure a phone call used to be quicker! I have only just got the Xmas decorations back into the loft today and it is February!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete