Sunday 4 February 2018

A Productive Weekend at Home

For some reason I woke early on Saturday morning.  I think it's because I've just got into a routine of waking early this week for work, so after my usual half to a hour of reading in bed, I was up and about at 8.30am.

After having some breakfast, I set about tidying up the kitchen, washing up, washing fruit and vegetables I'd bought the day before, doing a bit of paperwork and a bit of YouTube watching.

Then, as there was a Give and Take event today, I headed upstairs to sort out what I needed to take.  OH came up with me and finally put the Christmas decorations in the loft, which gave me room to sort the boxes of donations. 

Anything worth sending to a charity shop was put aside, as were a few new and other items that I decided to try to sell on eBay. Having sorted out what was to go to the G&T, I loaded the car and LB and I headed off to drop off the donations. It was a very easy drop off this time around, as there were only really two boxes to donate, so we were back home by 11.30 am.

Later, after a treat of sausage sandwiches for lunch, I proceeded to list a few items on eBay, whilst LB listed a few items on a site she uses. She managed to sell one item within minutes of listing it.

I also did some work on my personal finances in the afternoon. I didn't really feel like doing any cleaning though, so the Weekly Home Blessing will have to wait until Monday. Instead, I picked up a quilt that needed finishing and spent and hour stitching one of the seven rows that need stitching by hand. It's probably 2 or 3 years since I picked this up, so this was a bit of a breakthrough.  Hopefully, I'll finish it this year.

Later on Saturday night, I watched more of a new Netflix series that I started watching this week called Alias Grace.  It's an adaption from a Margaret Atwood novel and is really good. I heard about it in Rhonda's Weekend Reading post on her blog Down to Earth. Well worth watching if you get Netflix.

Sunday, by comparison was a bit more leisurely, as I spent most of the morning doing a Zumbathon at the gym for World Cancer Day. Later, however, I did manage to get some laundry done, empty the ironing basket and put everything away, ready to start my packing for the US tomorrow. I'm starting to get a bit excited now.

I've enjoyed spending time at home this weekend, with LB and OH, after a couple of weekends where I've worked. This time next week, we'll be in NYC.

1 comment:

  1. We watched Alias Grace on our CBC channel when it first came out. I plan on watching it over again as I missed the first episode and had trouble figuring the story out.

    If you get a chance Margaret Atwood's A Handmaids Tale is also a good series to watch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete