Thursday 8 February 2018

Freebies, Frugal Measures and Frugal Fails 2018 - February

This month I have taken the following Frugal Measures and received the following Freebies:

1) I re-subscribed to Moneywise magazine using my Tesco Club Card vouchers, so I will receive this magazine each month for the next year for free.  This is one magazine that I do tend to read and find quite informative when it comes to investing and saving, so in the absence of anything else to use my club card vouchers on, I used them for this purpose.

2) I used a 10% off voucher from M&S (for being a shareholder) to get £2.04 worth of discount on a few bits I bought before we went on holiday.  One was a magazine for the journey, another a birthday card and a third item a birthday gift that is coming up in March.  Some of these things were bought early to make the most of using the voucher.

3) I sold another two items on eBay making £18.38 after fees and postage were taken into account.  This will be added to my total on a new Challenge I'm undertaking to make/save an extra £2018 in 2018.

4) When sorting through donated items to take to the CS and give and take, I decided to sell some items on eBay instead of donating them.  They are currently listed and I'm hoping they will sell eventually and I can add more money to my Make/Save £2018 in 2018 challenge total.

5) In addition to trying to sell some of the items I put aside for donation, I have also decided to use up four of them, which were toiletries and perfume that LB didn't want.  They're not exactly the kind of perfumes I would normally wear, but as I'm fast running out, I thought I'd use them instead of donate them, as it will save me buying some for a while.

6) I used my Boots reward points to buy a concealer, which means I essentially got it for free. This saved me £3.99 in monetary terms.

Frugal Fails

No real frugal fails to report in the last few weeks, which makes a change.


2 comments: