Tuesday 26 September 2017

This Weekend

This weekend I haven't been working for a change and so I have enjoyed staying home and concentrating on getting some outstanding jobs done.

The first was catching up with some laundry and ironing, which seems to build up very quickly when I'm out of the house a few days a week.

I did have good intentions of catching up with some Flylady Zone cleaning in our bedroom and finishing off my Weekly Home Blessing upstairs, but in all honesty, I just wasn't feeling it this weekend. 

I did do one job in the Master Bedroom zone and that was to get out all of my winter wardrobe, make decisions about what I wanted to keep and what was going to be donated and then pack away any summer clothes.

Of course, as soon as I did this almost, we got some more warm sunny weather!

The main thing I tackled this weekend was the back garden, which was looking very overgrown and neglected.  With OH's help we managed to get it back in order and take all the garden waste to the tip. I have created another post on this subject to show you the before and after.

On Sunday, there was a local Jumble Trail in our neighbourhood and I saw a few stalls setting up whilst walking the dog.  I was intending to have a wander around some of the stalls, but then LB wanted some money to go out for the day, so I gave her the cash I had on me.

When I thought about it, I figured that I spend my working days sorting through everybody's jumble effectively, why did I want to spend my weekend looking through more.  Besides, there wasn't really anything I wanted, so I decided to stay home instead and not spend anything.

Having said this, I did venture out to the garden centre on the way back from the tip, for a few bits to aide the garden clear up, but they had been on my wish list for a good while, so it felt good to finally get them.

Talking of my wish list, I also managed to cross one other item off my wish list this weekend by giving something I already had a make over, which I posted about the other day.

In all, quite a productive weekend, but it could have been more so, had I had the inclination.  I think I'm still recovering from the 7 day stretch at the CS.

3 comments:

  1. You had a very productive weekend and one does need time to recover from working a seven day stretch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you giving the jumble trail a swerve, a week long stint at the cs is more than enough "treasured items" to run your hands through without doing it for pleasure.

    I was informed yesterday that I almost got a phonecall on Monday asking me to go in for an extra shift. Thankfully I hadn't updated my phone number! I just did two days work in one yesterday instead. So tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was lucky! Sometimes it does feel like you're doing the work of more than one person.

      Delete