Thursday 28 September 2017

Donated - September 2017

This month got off to a pretty good start in decluttering terms for a change.  Knowing that I had very little time to declutter this month due to work commitments, I took any opportunity I could to do what I could when the feeling took me.

On my first Sunday morning back from France, after 3 consecutive days of working at the CS, I woke up early at 6.30 am and in the spare bedroom (I'd slept in there due to a party in a house at the front - the noise made it difficult for me to get to sleep) and immediately got the urge to finally get stuck into some decluttering. I was up on a chair sorting through boxes of fabrics and rearranging the storage in the room, which was incredibly cluttered.

As a consequence of an hour or so's work, I managed to declutter over 75 items which gave the total a big boost this month.  Here's the list of items leaving the house.

1-52) Fifty sewing patterns and the basket that they are stored in. - I really aren't doing any clothes making anymore, as I don't have the time and my style choices have changed somewhat since I bought many of these or kept them from magazines.  I'm just not going to ever make them.  I kept a few favourites that I might use at some point, but my collection was reduced to about a dozen.

53-55) Three ceramic ornaments - cute but surplus to requirements.

56) One wooden wine box used for storage - no longer needed.

57) One book.

58) One picnic basket - used for storage, but no longer needed.

59) One plastic lidded storage jar - no longer needed.

60) One string of fairy lights - no longer wanted.

61-63)  Three old school skirts of LB's now replaced and recycled for rags or my rag rug.

64-69) Six tea towels that I'd collected - I am disbanding my collection.  A couple of dark coloured ones I kept and removed to the kitchen for use.  The pale coloured ones I washed and took to the CS to use there, as I won't use them and I don't want to keep them.

70-72) Three new and still in packaging Fragonard towels that I bought from a jumble sale but don't want to keep or use. Let someone else enjoy them.

73-75) Three vintage cushion covers that I just won't use and no longer wish to keep.

76) One ceramic bowl that was a gift and that I hardly ever use.

77-100) Twenty four pairs of old socks of LB's - recycled for rags.

101) One t-shirt of LB's - no longer wanted.

102) One painted terracotta plant pot - no longer needed.

103) One ceramic jug - no longer needed.

104-106) Three magazines I don't want to keep

107-120) Fourteen items of clothing and shoes that I no longer want from my winter/summer wardrobes.

121) One more painted terracotta plant pot - no longer needed.

122- 124) Three old gym t-shirts (that I've now replaced) that will be cut up and used in knitting my rag rug.

A much better month this month.  When added to last month's yearly total so far of 599 items, the total for this year now stands at 723 items, with three months to go.  Let's hope I can now make a concerted effort and reach that 1000 item target for 2017.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did wonderfully. This month I only managed to rid the house of 28 items. I need to step it up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, with a bit of help from LB I got back on track this month, which was good.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment and thanks for the love too;)

    ReplyDelete