Saturday 9 September 2017

Getting Back in the Swing Again

It's been a bit of a roller coaster of a week at the CS since I got back from holiday. I had good days and bad getting back into the swing of things on my return. I still am having bad days, especially this week as a couple of issues have arisen, that are testing my patience.

I had my first mini meltdown last week on account of frustration over the non co-operation and team spirit of some members of the staff.  A similar situation with regard to the same members raised it's head yesterday as well and I'm starting to tire of trying to deal with the same issues over and over. It is so time consuming and makes it very difficult to get on with any actual work.

I have to try to keep everything in perspective, difficult as it may be, especially as my Manager is off next week and I will be left to run the shop on my own.  I'm not particularly looking forward to it, I have to admit and it will mean working quite a few more hours. I'm just going to have to get my head down and get on with it.

Talking to other shop managers when they call on the phone regarding different things, it seems like everyone in the area is stretched at the moment, so we're all in the same boat.  It's not much compensation, however, when you're in the thick of it.

I'm trying to stay positive though and just do what I can.  It's all you can really do at the end of the day.  If some things don't get done and sales targets aren't met or surpassed then so be it. I'm not super human and can only work with what I've got, both in terms of resources, hours in the day and manpower.

As a consequence of the above, I might not be posting too much in the next week or two.  Sorry about this, but normal blogging business will resume as soon as my hours get back to normal.

3 comments:

  1. You are right to let a few things go if need be, it's a job that can take you over if you're not careful - and far harder than anyone would appreciate unless they've done it themselves.

    Managing people is always the least enjoyable part of the job, I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear some of your staff are giving you a hard time. Good team work makes any job more pleasant but sadly some people are just not team players. Hope you have a better week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time. It makes the job so stressful and you begin to question why you are doing it.
    We are here if you need to rant ! xx

    ReplyDelete