Monday 4 September 2017

Back to Work with Flylady

We had a lovely relaxing week in France, beautiful hot weather, great accommodation and wonderful scenery, but when all's said and done, I'm always happy to come home to my own house and get back to work keeping it in order. 

Call me crazy, but we miss our home and our little dog when we're away and it was strictly no dogs at the rental property, so unfortunately she couldn't come with us.  Our dog trainer/carer did keep sending us photos of her, so we knew she was okay, which is always reassuring.

Anyway, once home there was a lot of catching up to do Flylady wise.  I couldn't get started for a few days as I was at work for three consecutive days when I got home, but first chance I got on Sunday, I was back on the Flylady bandwagon doing a Weekly Home Blessing, which hadn't been done for at least 3 weeks. It made a start.

I'll be trying to catch up on a zone by zone basis over the next few weeks, probably doing a slightly deeper clean than has been done in recent months, to get back on top of everything, but it's going to be a busy two weeks as I'll explain in another post.

It was interesting visiting France, the French people do seem to have a very good lifestyle and enjoy the finer things in life. It may have just been the weather, but life seemed very relaxed and unhurried.

In spite of visiting a few of their very nice cookshops, I didn't really buy very much at all whilst there, as there just wasn't really anything that I needed.  I did buy a jam strainer, a pair of steel stud earrings and supply of Marseillaise soaps for general use, in a couple of scents that I really like, but other than this, I spent very little other than on food. Our holidays definitely don't include much shopping for souvenirs or other items.

On the contrary, living out of a suitcase on holiday always inspires me to get rid of more things when I get home and this holiday was no exception. A bit of distance from my belongings always help me to recognise things that are surplus to requirements at home. This mindset was aided by reading Marie Kondo's 2nd book 'Spark Joy' whilst away too, which is helping to inspire another round of decluttering now I'm home. (More in another post)

I'll keep you updated on Flylady progress.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter bought me the 2nd book recently and I have been dibbing in and out of it but the biggest inspiration for off loading as much as I can was having the empty freshly decorated room. I really like the feeling of space and have been very careful not to over fill it - but to do this I have had to 'let go' of quite a bit - but when it was packed away we didn't miss it. I would imagine that being on holiday without all the stuff back home has the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always feel a little lighter when I'm away and it helps me to let go of a bit more every time I come home. I agree with you that having a freshly decorated uncluttered space can also be very inspiring, although I have to admit that I've filled such space up in the past over time, such as in my sewing room/spare bedroom. It's always a challenge not to let the clutter creep back in.

      Delete
  2. Slowly but surely decluttering here. Not to the extent that Marie Kondo does but enough is leaving and very little is coming in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete