Thursday 5 November 2015

Catch Up Week

This week, I'm spending the week catching up with myself and getting back on top of things.  Half term holidays, although lovely, as they offer respite from normal routines, do tend to result in things slipping backwards and the ironing and washing in particular, getting a bit out of hand.  More so when we go away for a few days, as we did this half term.

Thus far, I haven't made much impact.  I have caught up on food shopping, banking, sending out orders, a thorough clearing out of the in tray on my 'desk' at the kitchen table and I've made a start on the ironing. Today, I'm going to continue to slowly demolish the ironing pile and get everything put away, before emptying the bins and starting on a bit of a sweep up and general tidy round. What an exciting life I lead.

I have to admit that I am guilty of being slightly distracted by online Christmas present and holiday cottage searches, as well as catching up with reading blogs and watching YouTube videos.  The cottage, however, is now booked and quite a few Christmas presents bought and the remaining YouTube videos will be watched as I iron. I just love multi-tasking. ;)

I still need to try to squeeze in an allotment visit, but the weather isn't really co-operating as it's way to wet to start digging up the ground.  I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Looking forward to getting to grips with it all.  I'll report back when I'm feeling less overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment