Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Great Escape to Norfolk

For our break in Norfolk we headed off on Saturday lunch time, amidst a large amount of traffic, as is common on the August Bank Holiday weekend.  It took a little longer to get there than we had hoped, but eventually we were settled into our new home for the week and it was cups of tea all round and lots of catching up with other family members.

We were staying in Hunstanton, North Norfolk and were very pleasantly surprised by the surroundings as we drove into town.  Later, we headed out for a takeaway fish and chip supper.  It has to be done at some point during our seaside soujourn and being our first evening, saved any of us from actually having to cook.

On Sunday, our first full day in Norfolk, OH had decided to join in a British Cycling event at Fakenham, some 20 miles away.  It was a 50km ride.  I volunteered to drive him there to drop him off, and then on the way back I stopped off at a local car boot sale nearby.  It was very busy with lots of stalls to mooch around.  My favourite way of spending a Sunday morning, when I'm not at the gym that is.

I didn't go too mad.  I bought a couple of small lavender plants at 80p each, a wooden kitchen towel roll holder and a display box which I am going to paint and use for storing some of my washi tapes and other items (reveal to follow),




a roll of pretty vintage wallpaper,



some vintage flannelette pillow cases


 
and some lovely silver earrings. 


Less than £10 spent in total, a couple of storage solutions found, and I was a very happy bunny.

It was a lovely sunny day and when I returned to Hunstanton, I met the rest of our party at the lovely beach hut in Old Hunstanton, that we had use of for the week.  Here's the view from the front, looking towards the dunes, behind which is the lovely sandy beach.



It was idyllic and I was so happy to learn that the dog was allowed on the beach here, which made it even more so.  Naturally, we spent the rest of the day happily ensconsed in our beach chairs, relaxing in the sun, walking the dog on the beach, etc. etc.  It was a lovely start to our holiday.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh the beach - I so enjoy our daily trips to our local beach - sets me up for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is especially loving it, with lots of long sandy walks and ball chasing.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of the beach hut x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely to relax outside it, make a cup of tea at the beach and leave beach things in it so you don't have to carry them down to the beach each visit. We've been sat around idly fantasizing about how we would decorate one, if we had one of our own.

      Delete
  3. Looks like good weather too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a bit of a mixed bag weather wise, but we've had a couple of good days so far which is great.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely mini vacation in Norfolk. I do like those silver earrings. You got some great buys.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete