Friday 22 August 2014

One Pattern One Week

Whilst reading Tilly and The Button's blog this morning, I came across an interesting post about a challenge that I've decided to join in with this September.  It's a challenge called One Week One Pattern 2014 and the aim of the challenge is to wear items that you've made from one pattern for 7 consecutive days.



If you've made multiple different versions of a pattern, you can wear a different version every day of the challenge or if you've only made a couple of versions, you can style them in different ways over the seven days.

The pattern I'm using for this challenge is this one by Butterick, number B4461.



A simple flattering A-line skirt which I have made in many different fabrics in the last few years, most of which I've documented on this blog.  It's a perfect pattern for a beginner and takes just a few hours to complete from start to finish.   I'm going to style a different version each day of the challenge and show you how I would normally wear them in my everyday life.

The challenge starts on 6th September and you can find details of it here on Handmade Jane's blog and leave a comment if you want to join in.  I'm really looking forward to joining in and I may even create a new version of the skirt for the final day of the challenge, if I can find the time, as I'm always happy to make another version.  I hope you enjoy reading about it.

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. It would have had to be a shirt or top for me though ... the thought of wearing a skirt every day for a week has me shuddering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I'll actually be wearing them all week. I think you can just style them on the days you don't want to wear them or if you've already worn them.

      Delete