Friday 11 April 2014

Alphabet Blogging - P is for Pom Pom Bunting

Following my visit to the Knitting and Stitching show in March, and my purchase of some new fangled pom pom makers which I'd seen Kirstie Allsop use on one of her crafting programmes on the TV, I was itching to use them for a project.  Here's a picture of them in case anyone hasn't seen them before.


I decided that a string of pom pom bunting for Little Bird's room might be nice to begin with, so I had a good look through my wool stash and found a few wools in different purple tones, to match her room's décor.  I couldn't believe how easy these pom pom makers were to use.  They really made light work of making the pom poms.  When I'd got a few made I strung them together using some of the wool and made sure I stitched back and forward through each pom pom to keep it in place and stop it slipping up and down the wool.  I was pretty pleased with the outcome. 

 
I hung it up using some washi tape so I'm not sure how long it will stay up.  I need to use the washi tape mountain for something!


Little Bird wasn't too fussed when I told her I was making it.  When she saw it up on the wall she liked it a lot more though.  The dog liked the pom poms too, the ones she managed to demolish i.e. rip apart that is.

I think it could have been improved by having yet more variation in the size of the pom poms used, but I'll have to wait until the next K&S show so I can treat myself to another pair of these great little gadgets in different sizes.  That's my excuse anyway.

Subsequently, I've been scouring Pinterest for some more pom pom inspiration and I think my next project is either going to be a pom pom rug, possibly for Little Bird's room again as I still have lots of purple wool left, which sounds very luxurious under foot or maybe a pom pom cushion or wreath.  I want to try to use up as much of the wool I have as possible, and this seems as good a way as any. 

Joining in with Mum at Mum's Simply Living blog in posting using the alphabet backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment