Saturday 26 April 2014

A Walk to the Allotment (2)

Friday, I took the dog for a long walk to the allotment again.  I hadn't visited for a few weeks and needed to do a reconaissance mission to see how much work needed to be done there.

This is what it looked like on my last visit after OH had helped me plant the potato tubers.


 
Tidy, but a bit bare.  It was lovely to see such a difference in the plot.  Here's what it looks like now.


 
The strawberry and rhubarb patch has burst into life with lots of flowers on the strawberry plants which will hopefully mean lots of lovely fruits.
 
 
There's lots of rocket, radishes and rainbow chard ready to pick.
 
 

 
And some lovely red lettuce growing which is almost ready for transplanting.
 
 
As you can see there's a fair bit of weeding to do where the forget-me-nots have run riot a bit.
They're not the only ones.  The mint has taken on a life of it's own,
 
 
as have the artichokes.
 
 
The potatoes are making progress.
 
 
Unlike the broad beans unfortunately.  There was no sign of them.  You can't win them all I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I need to replant my mint sunk in a container to ... contain it !
    Wonderful to see the changes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. I could do with potting up some of this mint and containerising it at home in the garden.

      This patch was it after I'd reduced it quite a lot. I daren't think what it would have been like if I hadn't.

      Delete