Tuesday 20 September 2022

A Wander Around Our Local Jumble Trail

Once every year, our local area organises a Jumble Trail, as do many other villages, streets, neighbourhoods all over the UK. I haven't actually attended ours for several years, but this year I decided to give it a go. 

A neighbour across the road posted on the street chat that she needed to borrow a clothing rail, so I lent her LB's, as she's away at Uni, and I said I would pop across to her stall. Having promised to do so, I did and then walked on to some other stalls in the local area.

There were a lot of stalls participating, so I was spoilt for choice looking at them, and there were some lovely things for sale, some of them real bargains.  All I really wanted to find was a large plant pot, to pot on one of my plants in the bathroom, but I didn't find one. Instead, I spent £11 on various other things. I tried to keep it practical, but a few extras did slip in.

Here's what I bought:

A limited edition print of Pegasus.  This mythical winged horse has a special significance to me from my childhood, so this instantly appealed and at 50p was a complete steal.


A child's wooden loom. I love this and got so many comments and questions from people about it as I walked around carrying it over my arm. I'm looking forward to trying to possibly weave a small rug with . It might need to be in two pieces that I then sew together, but for £2, this was also a bargain, as it's a good size.


Next, I bougth a cute notebook for 50p. Can't have too many of these, they always come in useful.


Two books, possibly Xmas presents for OH. Just £1 for the two.



Two Peggy Lee albums for £1 each. I couldn't resist these.


Some hot chilli's for OH from a community garden to support them.


Four packs of seeds for 50p each.


This piece of fabric for £1. (I don't need any more fabric, but I couldn't resist this print)


An interesting plant pot for £1.


I also bought a large spider plant from the neighbour's stall for £2.50, so I spent £13.50 in total, as I had an extra £1 in my purse and went back home to get more money to pay for the plant.

It was a fun way to spend a few hours, but I was exhausted by the time I got home.  I probably could have spent more, if I'd had it, but I don't really need much these days and I've got way too much stuff already.

Did you visit any local Jumble Trails this year?

1 comment:

  1. We have a jumble trail in the village a couple times a year, it's great fun and a good walk.

    ReplyDelete