Wednesday 1 August 2018

Monthly Round Up - July

A busy month with work, our holiday, school ending for the summer and visiting family members(although they didn't stay with us). It's not been so bad, budget wise, but I did go over in most categories, mainly due to buying bits and pieces for the holiday.

Here goes with the results:

Food budget - This came in £6.90 under the £400 budget, which considering we were away for a week, isn't too great, but under budget all the same.

Household budget - This went over the £50 budget by £30.68, mainly due to buying sun cream, insect repellent and other toiletries for the holiday, plus the regular stocking up of some toiletry and household items.

Miscellaneous budget - This went over the £50 budget by £34.85 this month, due to a niece's  birthday gift and buying a few extras for the holiday.

My Personal budget - This went over the £25 budget by £80.02 because I indulged in a few more t-shirts and tops to wear for work. I have devised myself a uniform for hot summer days, which consists of long black short sleeved t-shirts from H&M and loose fitting harem trousers.  It works well in the heat and I wanted to buy enough to get me through the summer.  It makes getting dressed for work much quicker and easier.  I also had a haircut which cost over £30, but was badly needed.

LB - This £25 budget also went over by £49.93, due to buying her several new pairs of shorts for the holiday/summer holidays and also another £30+ haircut.

Home - I went over the £20 home budget this month by £32, to purchase my sun lounger, plus a couple of other small items for the house and garden.

Travel - This £40 budget came under by £4, mainly due to being on holiday for a week.

All told, I was happy enough, as I cash flowed holiday spending money (even coming back with lots of euros for the next time we go away), LB and I got much needed haircuts, I've now got lots of options to wear for work and I still had some money left over to transfer to one of my savings accounts, which I consider a positive result.

There shouldn't be much required expenditure next month, unless we go away again, as I will be taking another week off in August. We will probably stay in the UK though, so we can take the dog with us. There will be the expenditure of buying a couple of new school skirts for LB and maybe some socks and underwear, but otherwise, I have no spending planned. I'm hoping to put a bit more money aside next month as a consequence, but we'll see what happens. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you in having money leftover to save after your holiday. I am hoping for the same result here when we go in September.

    While we were well under in some categories of the budget, we were slightly over in others. Comes from the big fluctuations in gas prices here. Also from me trying very hard to buy Canadian where ever possible. Not buying anything from the U.S. if I can help it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you for buying Canadian made items instead of imported ones.

      Delete