Thursday 23 August 2018

A Holiday Charity Shop Haul

During our few days away in Yorkshire, LB and I managed a bit of recreational thrift shopping.  I don't go into charity shops much these days, due to working in one, but we had an hour to kill before LB had a hair appointment, so we used it to scour a few local shops for bargains.

Here's a few things that I bought:

First was a new jigsaw for our next break. We've been working on one this break, which is a map of the world.  Unfortunately, when we finished it, we found that there was a piece missing from it, which is a pity.  It was new when I bought it, so we must have lost it somewhere on our travels which is a bit annoying. I have a suspicion that the dog may have run off with it. 


Anyway, I've bought us our next one which is this lovely jigsaw of the London skyline.  It's new and still in it's cellophane and cost just £2.99.  I really enjoy doing these, although I do get a bit obsessed.  Such a simple and relaxing past time, which always helps me to unwind.



I also bought this lovely cloth shopping bag for £1.49.  It has lovely large gold spots on it, adding a bit of glam and glitz to the often mundane task of grocery and everyday shopping.



I also bought a couple of items of clothing.  The first was this pair of harem pants which I have already worn and found really comfortable.  These will be added to my current work wardrobe.  Quite a bold print, but they are made of the softest jersey.  They cost just £3.49 and I can see me wearing these a lot, for work and then possibly the gym eventually. (The black fake fur lined skater shoes I'm wearing in this photo were a bargain from H&M in the sale the other week.  Just £6 and I'll be wearing them for work in the autumn).



Finally, I also bought this lovely grey/black spotted scarf for me.  It is new with tags and cost just £2.50.  I may do my usual of making it into an infinity scarf and I will be wearing it for work in the autumn winter. 

I bought one other item, which was a pair of white light up flashing trainers for LB to take to a music festival with her.  They were brand new and are chargeable using a USB cable. She was so happy to  find them as she's wanted some for a while and they cost £35-£40 new elsewhere.  I bought them for £6, which was a bit of a gamble, as I didn't know if they would work, but they charge up just fine.

3 comments:

  1. You got a lovely haul of items from you thrift shopping. I love the spotted bag.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes that you charge up made me smile! Some lovely bargains there - I love my soft jersey harem style joggers from Next - bought them for Italy and have almost lived in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing them and I agree that they are so comfortable. In addition, they can always become pyjamas later on, so very versatile.

      Delete